Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jcasola5

Experiences Ordering a Sink On-line

jcasola5
13 years ago

Hi all. Has anyone ever ordered a sink or anything at all fro www.mysinksandfaucets.com? I read about them on another thread here and the quality of their sinks seems very high (and prices very low!), but I'm nervous about ordering anything like this online from a company I've never heard of. Also, there is no real branding on the sinks, that I can see. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has used them, good or bad. And particularly from Canadians, as I live in the Toronto area. Thx.

Comments (19)

• zfrankle
    13 years ago

I have no experience with mysinksandfaucets.com, but they seem to be offering the kind of sinks that you can get for free with a countertop order. They look OK, and are probably Artisan - the kind I was offered when I ordered a countertop recently. I decided to pass and get a Kraus sink instead. At their prices, I don't think they're such a good value. You can find comparable prices on respected brands at build.com (aka faucetsdirect, lightingdirect, etc.direct) and their customer service is great. (no affiliation- I just bought a bunch of stuff from them and I'm pretty happy)

Here is a link that might be useful: build.com site

• johnnyl53
    13 years ago

I was happy ordering both my sink and faucet from Overstock.

• advertguy2
    13 years ago

I am Canadian! I recently ordered my Ticor sink from Mainfaucet.com since Galaxytoolsupply didn't have any in stock. Everything went fine. Bit of a misunderstanding since they didn't have any in stock at thei time of order either, but it all got sorted out.

If you want to save a lot of money, have them send the sink to a US address, somewhere like www.cbiusa.com. You'll save a lot of money. Particularly if you can get it back over the border without declaring it. If you declare, you'll pay the tax, which isn't half bad anyways. I made a trip out if it and went to see Niagara falls with the kids. Also picked up my Karbon faucet which was pretty much half of what they're charging here in Canada.

• 10KDiamond
    13 years ago

I ordered my sink from faucetsdirect.com. I had seen the sink at a lower cost on a less reputable site. But FaucetDirect will match prices so I went with them. Excellent service. No complaints.

• noellabelle
    13 years ago

I ordered my ticor sink from overstock and am very happy with it and them.

• research_queen
    13 years ago

JohnnyToronto - I bought my sinks, faucets etc.. from TAPS on Lawrence. So many people told me not to go there because they are more expensive than anywhere else. My experience with them has been otherwise.
    They gave me contractors pricing on everything and were extremely helpful. I would recommend them to anyone.
    I cannot comment for how these prices compare to what they are selling for in the US.

• advertguy2
    13 years ago

If Taps on Lawrence is anything like Taps in Mississauga, then they are WAY pricier than what you can find online. They don't sell generic stainless sinks. Their's are all name brand.

• research_queen
    13 years ago

They are the same company - 2 different locations.

I shopped around a lot before I bought my sinks and actually got the best pricing from Taps. But I only shopped around on a retail level. Their pricing was even better then the "dealer" pricing that was given to me by a company that does not sell direct to the public (my contractor got me in there). I did not look on-line.

You are right that they do not sell generic sinks. If you are looking specifically for generic, this is not the store for you.

• sayde
    13 years ago

Ordered fireclay sink, grate, faucets, flange, airswitch from Quality Bath last May. Shopped price and they won. Now, all these months later, I needed to exchange the faucet as the one I chose is too tall. Since I selected another faucet from the same manufacturer ( Perrin Rowe) they were willing to take back the first faucet, (minus 25% restocking fee) even all these months later. The mistake cost me but I think I was dealt with very fairly. They have been great to work with.

• warmfridge
    13 years ago

I ordered a Silgranit sink from homeperfect.com, and faucet/soap dispenser from faucetdepot.com without any problems.

• jcasola5
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thx all for the great advice. I live very near Taps in Mississauga and feel their prices are high. Interesting that no has experience with the company I noted above. I am confused by zfrankle comment about quality and not being such a good buy. These sinks are 16 gauge heavy duty certified 304 series 18/10 CrNi (Chromium Nickel) stainless steel; sound dampened with sprayed sound proof coating and an additional thick rubber sound proof pad, which I understood were professional grade and the highest quality. That's why I thought the price was so good. Hmm...now I'm confused. Is the comment about quality based on the fact that they are not a brand name, or is it based on specs?

• OCJeff
    13 years ago

I ordered my 36" Ticor sink from Overstock .. Cheap shipping, and fast delivery got it here about a month ago... Now it just sits in a box waiting for my kitchen to get upgraded so it has a home (still many weeks away).

I'm second guessing the need for a 36" sink in my kitchen, but I have the sink now, so there is no going back :)

I would just say do research, and tape the outline of the size of the sink on your existing counter top so you get a good idea of the actual size. Then there won't be any surprises.

• gursk
    13 years ago

Ordered my Blanco silgranit sink from Amazon.com. Like advertguy2, I had mine shippped to a US address and drove it across the border into Canada myself. Saved a bunch of $$$ and was able to get exactly the sink I wanted.

• eurekachef
    13 years ago

I ordered Ticor from Galaxy based on GW posts, but afterwards I looked on Overstock and it's cheaper. Don't know how costs compare if you buy in Canada. I've ordered other stuff from Overstock and had no problems. Galaxy was great too, but just more expensive. By the way, I really love the Ticor sinks!

• sochi
    13 years ago

I'm in Ottawa, I ordered a faucet (Kohler Karbon) off an e-bay store and a ticor sink from Galaxy (or Overstock maybe?). No problems. Just be sure to order from somewhere that will ship USPS, do not get anything shipped from the US Fedex or UPS (many extra costs).

• cherylkla
    13 years ago

Johnny, I did order from mysinksandfaucets.com and I'm very happy with the product. I wanted a sink with an 80/20 split and they had it at a good price. I don't think they sell brand names, but I wasn't looking for a brand, just wanted the configuration. Not sure about shipping to Canada, I live in California.

• funfarm
    13 years ago

Add my name to the list of folks that bought their sink from Overstock. Mine is a Kraus 103-33. Got the Kraus faucet from O.co as well. With the coupon offer they e-mailed out and the extra 10% off, it came in even less than ExpressDecor which was a very good price to begin with. I got the sink and faucet yesterday. Checked them both out last night and my initial impressions with regard to quality are very good. Won't be installed for over a month, but I'm optimistic.
    Overstock was very, very easy to order from and the items came quickly.

Dean

• jcasola5
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thx all. Seems like online is the way to go. I just saw a great looking Kraus sink at mainfaucets.com, at a very good price. $68 shipping to Canada (plus our hefty taxes, of course). I take it from all the posts that Kraus and Ticor or reputable brands?

• mset31CT
    13 years ago

I'd be interested to hear more about Kraus as well. I am interested in one of their sinks, but the prices seem too good to be true for a 16 gauge sink! Any thoughts anyone?