Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sedona_heaven

Anyone have pics of combo white and wood cabinets?

sedona_heaven
11 years ago

We're thinking creamy white perimeter cabs and chestnut stained island, but part of me keeps thinking I'd like more of the wonderful rich-toned wood - either the breakfast bar area or possibly all lower cabs. Anyone have pics of their combo kitchens? The white cabs do look gorgeous with our countertops (cielo quartzite - lots of blue/grey and cream quartz but also threads of brown).

Comments (17)

• Bunny
    11 years ago

aktillery, I love your kitchen! Having all white cabs, I miss the warmth and practicality of a mid-tone wood. Yet I love the lightness of the white up top. Yours seem more built-in and structural, a part of the wall, esp. with the glass. Lovely indeed.

• amykath
    11 years ago

Thanks Linelle! That is very sweet of you! I miss that kitchen!

• amandapadgett
    11 years ago

We did ours two tone to keep kitchen from being too dark. (Kitchen not totally finished yet).

• Missy Benton
    11 years ago

Here's ours...

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    11 years ago

One of my customers sent one in. It is gorgeous! White cabinetry with a wooden island.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• Kathy Rivera
    11 years ago

I happen to love the look so I have a few saved...though I'll upload them in multiple posts b/c I haven't put any of them on photobucket...

• Kathy Rivera
    11 years ago

Another

• Kathy Rivera
    11 years ago

Another

• Kathy Rivera
    11 years ago

Another

• Kathy Rivera
    11 years ago

Two more! :)

• Kathy Rivera
    11 years ago

And my favorite (although aktillery's is in my file, too!)

• Kathy Rivera
    11 years ago

amandapadgett: What are the colors of yours? I'm definitely fond of a more creamy upper and not so white - yours seems to fit the bill.

• jerzeegirl
    11 years ago

Here's mine.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Cbusmom love your floors! Can you please tell me what they are, species and color? Thanks.

• sedona_heaven
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Such beautiful kitchens! Thank you everyone!

I think we're aiming for a rustic modern - the kitchen is pretty big, so not as cozy as aktillery' or KathyNY76's first pic (though I LOVE them). Something like this pic that someone posted on breezygirls' backsplash quest. Still figuring out this link/pic thing.

I seem to prefer either pretty rustic, or pretty zen versions. Not sure how to avoid something in between that won't hit the spot as well for me - but this is really helpful to see. Will try to figure out how to post more pics!

Here is a link that might be useful: post

• amandapadgett
    11 years ago

KathNY76-

The color is Benjamin Moore Bone White. It is a cream color and looks darker in our kitchen than it may in others because we only get what light that north-facing window lets in.