Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisahe9168_gw

Flush-Mount, Cast Iron, Apron Front Sink?

LisaHE9168
11 years ago

Hello,

I have been reading these forums with great interest, and this is my first post.

We are doing a kitchen remodel, and are committed to having an apron front sink. I have been planning to buy the Kohler Whitehaven 6487 enameled cast iron with tall apron, undermount installation. However, my husband really dislikes the look of the sink mounted underneath the countertop (specifically, the "cut-out" look of the front of the apron. He prefers the front of the apron to be flush with the countertop height creating a continuous visual line.) I called Kohler, and they advised against installing the Whitehaven flush mount.

So, now we're looking for a cast iron apron front sink that can be flush mounted. I have only found fireclay sinks that can be flush mounted: Porcher 35020, Franke FHK710, Blanco 518540, and the Whitehaus WHQ530. The Blanco is too big for our space (we'll have a 30" sink base). And I'm very hesitant to go with fireclay due to all the cracking issues I've read about.

Has anyone found/installed a flush mount, enameled cast iron, apron front sink? I'd love any advice or suggestions!

Thanks in advance,
Lisa

Comments (3)