Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS appliances: will this match that?

Posted by lesmobo (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 8:20

Our kitchen is getting a facelift and we will be selling in about a year. None of our appliances were working well and it was time to replace them anyway. The realtor said SS appliances were a must.

I have a new model SS GE wall oven and a GE cooktop. Really shiny and prominent looking and taking me some time to get used to it!! (my kitchen is white)

I want to purchase a Bosch dishwasher. Will the stainless steel match? Hard to tell in the stores.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS appliances: will this match that?

Here is the wall oven

o

Unless they're right near each other it may not be that big of a deal.

o

Hi,
I have all Wolf/SZ except the dishwasher, which is Miele. The dishwasher does NOT match but it is OK because the DW is on the other side of the kitchen.
MJ

o

Thanks! The appliances won't be touching but since my eye is so drawn to the new appliances I know I'll be looking. Haha, but that is just me so maybe a buyer won't notice.

I think the GE is more of a warm SS and the Bosch might be more of a cool SS. I'm going to the store to check one more time to see if I can determine how much it might bother me.

Also I found this link from July talking about the different types of SS and to test with magnets et cetera.

Here is a link that might be useful: SS types

o

I have a GE range, a Whirlpool DW, and an LG fridge. They look fine together.

o

I have a Bosch DW, KitchenAid fridge, Zephyr hood and Sharp MW. Their individual stainless probably varies a bit but they all look fine together.

o

My appliances are all different brands, and they look fine together. I made sure the handles on the doors were basically the same so that visually, they appear to match.

o

My appliances are all different brands, and they look fine together. I made sure the handles on the doors were basically the same so that visually, they appear to match.

o

You should be able to tell if they are warm or cool. While they won't be exactly the same, I would want to aim for warm or cool and not mix sharp modern lines with softer ones so they feel generally the same. Also considering fingerprint issues. Location can ease the difference in.

o

• Posted by crl_ z7 No. VA (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 10:48

My frigidaire range and refrigerator do not match my Bosch dishwasher's stainless, but it's fine. What's not fine is that he Bosch is so much harder to keep clean. The other appliances don't show fingerprints and smudges can be easily wiped away with a damp cloth. The Bosch shows fingerprints and streaks and is much harder to get looking nice.

o

If they don't match you will notice every time you look at them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here