Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beekeeper's Wife -- Question about your kitchen

Posted by amybinva (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 23, 11 at 8:10

Saw a blurb about your kitchen in another forum on white cabinets and light granite counters. Would love to see photos if you have them? Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beekeeper's Wife -- Question about your kitchen

Sure! Here you go:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not an "after" picture, but a "during", this would be from the sink/stove corner:
Photobucket

This is from the corner to the left of the range, near the laundry room door, facing the family room:
Photobucket

o

Beekeeperswife-beautiful kitchen! I see you have the glass knobs, which are lovely...which size are they, and what manuf.? thanks!

o
Knobs

jalsy6, I just looked up the information. I bought the knobs from eBay, and in fact I see I did a little negotiation with the vendor since I was buying more than a couple, I was able to get the price down to $3.26 each. They are crystal. They measure 1 1/4" wide x 1 1/2" tall.

I wish I could show you the photo I had of them with the light streaming through them and making prisms on the cabinets...so pretty. But, that would be in the file that was deleted in photobucket. ugh.

I can't find the vendor on eBay to send you, but this is the email address of the vendor, and how we communicated. Perhaps they can link you to their store if you email them.

more4lessgifts@msn.com

o

Hi, Your kitchen is beautiful! I'm especially admiring that gorg backspash! Can you please tell me more about it?! I'm in the market for a backspash!

o

Thanks nantucket, the backsplash is one of my favorite things in the kitchen.

It is from Mission Stone & Tile. It is a beveled arabesque tile, each tile is about 5"x6", and what you can't see is that under that grout, the tiles are actually touching.

The story is....I won the tile in a contest. I entered my kitchen that they were running and like me, they agreed that it would look perfect in there. The rest is history.

I'll post a link to their site. If you want to contact them, tell them you saw it on Garden Web in my kitchen (ask for Mary Elizabeth). They are really easy to work with.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mission Stone & Tile

o

Beekeeper, I adore your kitchen! I actually used it as my inspiration in what is my "$1000 kitchen refresher", currently in progress. Obviously my kitchen is not nearly as pretty as yours, but I loved the look of your white cabs with light countertops and chocolate brown walls.

Just beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here