Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emy315_gw

Finished (another) white Kitchen - pics

emy315
12 years ago

I am not a frequent poster, but I learned so much form this site. Thanks to you all of you. Here is the end result:

Details:

Cabinets : Omega (mix between dynasty and custom) (island stain - truffle)

Range : 48 Wolf AG

Countertops: Kashmire White Granite

Fridge: 48 Subzero

Dishwasher : Kitchen Aid

Micro: 27' Monogram advantium

Floor: Porcelain tile (of hand I don't remember the name)

Hood: Rangcraft

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (74)

• vickevette
    12 years ago

Fabulous kitchen! Love the range hood and window detail, and everything came together so beautifully! Congratulations!

• Susied3
    12 years ago

WOW this is one beautiful kitchen!! Love the spaciousness of it.
    Was this a remodel or new build?
    And, yes, please more info on your hardware!

ENJOY

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

That is one big kitchen. Nicely put together, everything looks great. sigh

• rhome410
    12 years ago

What a stately island and hutch! Gorgeous.

I have always love Kashmir White granite, but what I'm really crazy about are your pendants!

• emy315
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all of your kind words. This is a new construction. It took over a year, but we are finally in and loving it. As I said I'm not a frequent poster but I hope that by posting my photos it will help someone else as it did for me.

Here is some more info as requested:

Main sink faucet : kohler Vinnata (brushed nickel)
    Prep sink faucet : Rohl Country collection (satin nickel)
    Pendant : Sonneman Roxy Drum Pendant 16" PN
    Cabinets: Omega - Door -Umbrell ; Maple painted in Pearl Opaque finish on perimeter and Cherry wood in Chestnut stain on island
    Floor : Porcelain tile -fioranese travertine in silver matte finish
    Backsplash : Porcelain tile - Vallelunga Carrara
    Pulls : Restoration Hardware - Lugamo PN
    Knobs : Restoration Hardware - Hanson PN

I don' know the grout color as I left that up to the tile guy. I think it might be light pewter, but I am not 100% sure.

The island is pretty large. It sits three comfortably. It's about 10 1/2 feet long. I wouldn't go any larger, as it is almost impossible to fine a slab large enough without doing a seem.

To the left of the fridge/micro wall is my butler's pantry. I've attached photos. We do have a walk in pantry but it's in the mud room.

The crown molding didn't come from cabinet company. It's actually the crown molding that's in the entire first floor of the house. As the cabinets went up, we realized how difficult it would be to transition the crown molding from omega to the ones in the rest of the kitchen. So we decided to use the ones form the house and paint it the same color as the cabinets.

Here are some more photos. Please excuse the lack of window treatments as that is next on a long list of to dos.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! I love your kitchen, and all your rooms. Everything ties together so well. I especially love your huge wall of cabinets.

• kfhl
    12 years ago

Thanks for adding more information and pictures. I love the backsplash in the butler's pantry! Our island will be about the same length as yours - as long as it can be without a seam. Would you mind telling me how wide your island is?

• lalithar
    12 years ago

Really homey and classy. It has a lot of warmth for a white kitchen. Love the hood, the butler's pantry and the hutch.

• marthavila
    12 years ago

What an amazing kitchen and adjoining rooms! A fabulous example of "yet another white kitchen" that literally knocks one's socks off! It just goes to show that some things never get overplayed when there is genius and creativity involved. Obviously, a lot of both went into planning, building and completing this kitchen. Don't even want to start mentioning the things I love most, 'cause I love it all!

• kaijutokusatsu
    12 years ago

I LOVE it! The hood and pendants add just the right touch of bling. Thank you so much for posting!

• cardamon
    12 years ago

It's a good day for me when someone posts a white kitchen! Your kitchen is very nicely done. Love that window over the sink. Best wishes to you in your new space. Bet it looks great even when it is "messy"!

• nini804
    12 years ago

Lovely! Love your range and hood and that super cool backsplash in the butlery!

• abbeys
    12 years ago

Really, really beautiful. Congratualtions! I love the big windows and all the natural light. The balance of light and dark, simple and a little fancy is great. You must be enjoying it. Thanks so much for sharing.

• westleyandbuttercup
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous kitchen!

• zeebee
    12 years ago

Beautiful space. Your cabinetry and hardware are knockouts.

• Linda
    12 years ago

Love it! Love it!! Love it!!!!

• michoumonster
    12 years ago

emy, your kitchen is so so so beautiful! are you happy with the stone look alike tiles? from the pictures, i cannot tell that they are ceramic tiles at all!

• cocokey
    12 years ago

This kitchen is beautiful! Do you mind sharing the height of your ceilings? Trying to put stacked cabinets in our new kitchen and limited by 101 inch ceilings... yours appear higher, so I wanted to check. I love it!

• gbsim1
    12 years ago

What a gorgeous kitchen!!
    It's also the answer to my prayers since I'm struggling with some inset door "problems." Would you mind sharing some dimensions?
    We decided to switch to inset doors in our new build and I didn't anticipate the effect that would have on my layout.
    I've got glass uppers almost identical to yours and the latest cads from the cabinet designer made them look so small that I told him to delete the glass. But yours look great! Could you share the dimensions of the doors and the glass in the little uppers around the range?
    Also I've got a blind corner similar to yours. How did you handle the lower corner? Do you have enough room to get into the corner through the small doors and could you fit a small lazy Susan in the upper corner?
    Thanks so much!!! I know the inset is what will look best for my house but....!

• enduring
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing the details. Very pretty and the details are great. The cherry is a beautiful stained dark. And, I love your herringbone in your Butler's Pantry! :)

Well Done!

• francoise47
    12 years ago

There is so much to love about your kitchen, where to begin?!
    I love your backsplash, range hood, and kitchen window.
    Your kashmir white granite is so lovely.

I especially love the backsplash treatment in your butler's pantry -- charming!

• Staceydux
    12 years ago

Wow!! Your kitchen is so beautiful!! I love all the details and especially love the backsplash and light fixtures. Enjoy it for many years to come.

• dianalo
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! I love so much about it. This almost looks like a magazine kitchen or a Hollywood set. It is that pretty!
    I love how your drum shades work with your venthood and how the fixture over the table work with those too. Basically, I like everything and would love to have a kitchen just like this ;)
    The windows are stunning and must be so lovely on a nice day...

• oldbat2be
    12 years ago

Fabulous space! Love your cabinets, the lighting and the touches of red. I am a huge white/grey kitchen fan and this is definitely one to be bookmarked! Congrats, oldbat2be

• emy315
    Original Author
    12 years ago

cocokey -- My ceiling height is a bit higher ...it's about 108 inches high.

gbsim - My upper cabinets are made as one cabinet. I'm not sure if all cabinet company does this or not. The total height of the cabinets is 48 inches. The glass upper are about 14 inches.

As far was the corner cabinet is concerned... well, I wanted to do a 45 degree angle on top as I did on the bottom. But, if I did that, the uppers couldn't be glass for some reason. The base cabinet is a 45 degree cabinet with a lazy susan. The door opening is tight. I store my mixing bowls, salad spinner, casserole pyrex, etc. The upper does not have a lazy susan. It has one shelf where I store my expresso makers, measuring cups, and some more mixing bowls.

khfl - the island is about 48 inches wide
    Michoumonster - I don't mind the ceramic tiles. I am a very messy cook who makes a lot of tomato sauce. By the end of a meal, there is food everywhere. Knowing this, I could not but marble in my kitchen no matter how much I loved it.

• whisperingwillow
    12 years ago

Fantastic!

• Ilene Perl
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful, the thought you put into every detail shows. Enjoy!

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Everybody else has said it already, but it is really beautiful. I love the way the lights over the island pick up on the mirrored bands on the hood. Well, Iove it all but that is something that really caught my eye. You really planned everything out so well, it just works so nicely with the other rooms.

Good Job! Wishing you many happy years cooking in it with your family.

Bee

PS--I thought I had already posted, but I guess not.

• lisa_a
    12 years ago

Ooooh, I'm so jealous of the size of your kitchen and eating area! Your kitchen is lovely. Everything looks well thought out and functional. Enjoy your new home! I wish you many, many happy meals in it.

• birddog1737
    11 years ago

My husband and I are drooling over your kitchen. We are looking at Omega cabinets. Can you tell us what wood your island is made of, stained in truffle? We see it comes in several types. Thanks and enjoy your lovely kitchen!

• emy315
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Birddog1737 - Hi. Sorry it took me so long to respond......the island is cherry wood and the perimeter is maple. Good luck!

• kamkar2006
    11 years ago

Wonderful kitchen! I am so glad you posted. We are also doing off white cabinets with a walnut/chestnut island and separate butlers in walnut/chestnut too! These were the pulls I had chosen but I was not sure if it would be too much for my inset cabinets! This proves that it looks beautiful! I especially love your pendant lights and kitchen nook. This is one of my favorites!

• Lake_Girl
    11 years ago

Your kitchen is lovely! I wouldn't call it just "another" white kitchen.

• peonybush
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. I love everything about it!

• springroz
    11 years ago

How lovely!! Thanks for showing us a little more of the house, it is all gorgeous!

Nancy

• Snbtwins
    11 years ago

What a gorgeous kitchen, I love everything about it! I actually recognized your kitchen on the curtos blog.

I'm not sure if you are still checking this thread but can you possibly show more pictures of your family room from the kitchen. Are your ceilings 9'?

Thanks!

• emy315
    Original Author
    11 years ago

snbtwins, How funny you say that....I just looked at the Curtos website yesterday and saw my kitchen!!!

I will post the family room picture tonight. Yes, my ceilings are 9'.

• colorfast
    11 years ago

Wow, I love your kitchen. Really glad you posted. A great reminder that tile can be a great flooring. The color you chose, and the grout you chose does not look at all high maintenance to me! The tile backsplash seems like a perfect choice for a marble fan who doesn't want the maintenance. And,your lighting, hood and hardware all pull your kitchen together really well.

I can't suggest a great window treatment but I hope you manage to preserve the lovely shape of the window over the sink.

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

emy315: I know its been awhile. But if you read the thread still, can you please post the dimensions of your space?

How deep is your kitchen from stove to your fireplace in the family area? what is the width fr the sink area to the wall of cabinets? how far is the island fr sink/oven?

what are the dimensions of your dining area?

OMG. What a fabulous job you did. In my dreams !!!

• meridianave
    10 years ago

What size pulls and knobs did you use?

• ikeltz
    10 years ago

I love white kitchens and yours is lovely! It is so spacious. I would love a kitchen that big. Everything is laid out nicely. Congrats and enjoy making many wonderful meals and memories in your kitchen.

• dermnp
    10 years ago

Emy, I am hoping you are still reading posts from this. Your kitchen is beautiful!! Can you tell me the size of your upper stacked cabinets? Thanks

This post was edited by dermnp on Fri, May 24, 13 at 21:45

• SaraKat
    10 years ago

The wood is beautiful on your stained cabinets. I love the grain and it looks great with the white. I love your kitchen, it is fabulous. Great job. Lovely choices.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Emy315, I love the kitchen cabinets and especially your beautiful crown molding. I feel the rest of your house must be beautiful with your good taste and that gorgeous crown molding being the same. I love the Porcelain tile and your counters. I like the two tone look with the Island darker. I love your high ceiling and how big and open your kitchen is. Your appliances are beautiful, your kitchen lights are perfect for the kitchen and that table and chairs really ties in with the island. Thank you for sharing you beautiful kitchen.

• fsteph
    10 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen! Classy and elegant, I love everything about it and it makes me even more sure I made the right choices with that color palette for my own project that starts on Tuesday!

• doonie
    10 years ago

Very beautiful kitchen! I love the porcelain tile you found for flooring. It looks like you have very small grout lines, which is definitely a bonus! Enjoy your gorgeous cohesive space!

• korney19
    10 years ago

What state are you in and how did you get a permit for that range?

I was told it was illegal to have more than 5 burners in a residential setting, is that a national or just local building code?

• kylady7
    10 years ago

Emy315...From all the Posts Your Kitchen must be Absolutely Beautiful.....I would love to see it as I am doing a Creamy Antique White Kitchen.....Mine will be very small...but perhaps I may get a idea or two from your pictures. They are not available to see anymore...and I am new to the forum...so if you don't mind...Will you please post them again so Everyone can enjoy!
    thanks

• aries61
    10 years ago

Calye7: Emy315 mentioned that her kitchen was on Curto's Appliance website . The link is from that website, not sure if the kitchen in the link is hers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Possibly Emy315 Kitchen

• kylady7
    10 years ago

thanks....If it isn't ...it certainly is a Beautiful Kitchen ...Who's ever it is!