Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photos or paint help for a sagey green kitchen color.

Posted by marita40 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 3, 08 at 7:54

Can anyone share pictures or paint choices for a sage color green kitchen? I want to avoid a "pastel" look, so I'm trying to find a deeper color greyish/green. But I also want to avoid going too dark, such as olive. This is hard!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos or paint help for a sagey green kitchen color.

o

Our kitchen is BM Moon Shadow #1516 and the adjacent family room is the next darker color on the palette, Mosaic tile #1517

We picked them because they're very grey, and they turned out really well. I'm not sure how well you can see the color in the photograph, though.

view toward family room

Photobucket

o

We actually just painted our kitchen Sherwin Williams Conservative Grey. I wanted more of a grey look, but this actually has quite a bit of light green to it. I have white cabinets and REALLY like the way the color turned out on the wall. Subtle and I'm so happy that there was some green to it, because I think all grey would have looked too drab. This isn't a deep gray/green, but definitely is not pastel either. It's pretty bright and airy which I needed since we don't get a ton of natural light in the kitchen. I don't have any good pictures to post yet, but will as soon as I do.

o

Dry sage seems to be a popular one, to dark for me so I used Saybrook Sage. Here is a link to the gallery section in the decorator forum. It takes a bit of time to load but worth the wait.

Here is a link that might be useful: Greens

o

We painted the dining room Benjamine Moore "camoflouge", it's not pastel at all. I had looked at olive branch and it was too dark, this color won. I dont have a pic yet, the monitor would not do it justice anyway. When you go paint shopping just look for the color and that may lead you to others. good luck! I hate picking out paint.

o

I second camouflage ; it is one of those wonderful colors that play off of what else is in the room, according to light.
salbwil

o

Our livingroom is Behr Caraway which is a rich sagey green. here's a peek at it:

Photobucket

o

Here's a third vote for BM Camouflage. We love it in our kitchen-- not minty, not too gray. Below are pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sage green kitchen with Red Birch Cabinets and Green Glass Backsplash

o

I haven't bought it yet- (Cuz I'm #1 waiting for the Aura paints to be available, and #2 we may be adding on to Master Bedroom instead of just renovating)- but I have fallen in love with Benjamin Moore Hampshire Gray- a very rich sage green. I've been looking for that colour for over a year- if you go to the decorating forum- there is a thread that people have posted tons and tons of pics of their greens.

o

Hello,

Here is a pic of my green kitchen, it opens up to my family room. The green is SW Bamboo Shoot and the yellow is SW White Raisin.

o

This is a Kelly Moore green; cannot remember the name, but I could find out.

Photobucket

o

You can get little jars of paint samples at Benjamin Moore, and I think others have them as well. You will need to put some on each wall and watch it during the day and at night, as lighting conditions can make a major difference in what the color looks like in your home. We finally selected BM Saybrook Sage too.

o

I also have carraway by Behr like Alku05 but ours is only 1/4 of the formula so it is much lighter. We don't get alot of light in our kitchen so this color works well. Good luck. Sorry it isn't a large coverage on the kitchen wall but it is the only picture i have at the moment. Hope it gives you an idea.

Photobucket

o

Mom2seths,
where are you located?
i am asking because your kitchen and family is an exact copy of mine - everything!! Must be same builder, same architect! It looks like you live in my neighborhood, next door!!

o

This may be too pastel for you, it's BM Sweet Caroline. I originally wanted a grayer green but decided the kitchen needed some brightening up with the dark cabinets. 2 pictures under different lighting conditions, same paint (but different phases of construction.)
Photobucket Photobucket

o

nice to see I made a good paint choice with the camouflage, its always tough for me, I love the color. Now, if only there was a spell checker on this board, it seems I created a new word with 'camoflouge', he he ;)

o

mom2sethc, I am a SW White Raisin fan too! My living room is done in that color and I love it. It goes with practically anything or any color. Yours looks great!

o

I debated this for a long time and finally chose SW Austere gray, which is actually green, but in certain lights, looks almost blue, really love it! Not pastel at all.

I brought home several samples and had many patches all over the place, then decided to go with this one and just figured I could repaint if I didn't like it! Good luck!

o

Ooh, I like SW Austere Gray too. I thought about that one, but ended up with Conservative Gray.

o

Tina999,

I'm in NE Ohio. I also love my SW White Raisin! I have it throughout most of my home. I have some rooms in the SW Bamboo Shoot (green) and a few in SW Steely Gray. I get a lot of compliments on my colors. My style is beach cottage, wishful thinking since I live in Ohio!!

Elaine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here