Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

Positano- Are you still here? About your Costa Esmeralda?

Stacey Collins
15 years ago

I just saw the photos of your granite and I am intrigued. I'd thought I wanted something light, subtle, and quiet (and honed for sure) with my natural cherry cabinets, but I am considering costa esmeralda.

Is yours polished or honed? It doesn't seem super shiny in the photos, which is very appealing to me. If it's not honed, have you ever seen it honed?

Thank you!!

Stacey

Comments (9)

• positano
    15 years ago

Hi there,
    I originally wanted something honed also, I really don't like a super shiny granite. My Costa is medium toned, hides crumbs and fingerprints beautifully and doesn't seem shiny at all. I asked my fabricator about honing it and he did a sample. It seemed to loose a little umph when it was honed.
    Now I love it just the way it is. Really a breeze to keep clean. I was worried that the honing would show more fingerprints or smudges.

It's a great neutral that goes with so much. Here are some new photos. Sometimes it reads grey and sometimes green.

Kitchen still needs a lot of finishing touches. Backsplash, table, chairs, window treatments.

Good luck with the decision.
    {{!gwi}}From march 2009
    {{!gwi}}From march 2009
    {{!gwi}}From march 2009
    {{!gwi}}From march 2009

• Stacey Collins
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, that's just beautiful!! Thank you!!

I like your eggs-on-willows. Our chickens lay eggs that are already colored like that! Maybe next year I will have time to make something like that... right now I certainly don't (going out to strip down a tile ceiling right now, ugh.)

• gglks
    15 years ago

positano.....looking GREAT!!!! love how the wall color turned out!!!! what color is it again (just in case i ever repaint!!!!) also love all of your accessories.

• danielle00
    15 years ago

positano,
    have you posted final pictures yet? it looks amazing so far-- can't wait to see more.

• positano
    15 years ago

Gglks- I do love my paint color!! It's Benjamin Moore Crown Point Sand. A great neutral that looks golden somtimes, green, and a sand color. It really warmed up my room, the pictures don't do it justice. In the last picture it even looks blueish... it's reallymore of a camel with great undertones.

Danielle- I haven't posted finished pictures yet, still a lot to do. Want to at least get the table, and window treatments up. We still need to paint all the trim too. Did you get your appliances and countertop yet?

Stacy- Your so lucky you have eggs that are that color. I just had a little party for dd so some of the decor was still up. I love that I have an area now to do some holiday decor!! Good luck with your project!

• mikeandbarb
    15 years ago

Sigh, I wish I could rip out my kitchen and start a new but I am glad that we're able to do some updates to it.

That is so pretty.

• megradek
    15 years ago

positano: CPS looks fantastic in your kitchen!!!

stacey: sorry for the highjack to positano! As far as honed goes, I've never seen CE honed, so don't know how it would appear. In my hunting for granites I did see a lot of honed and antique finishes. It really seems to deaden the coloring.

• positano
    15 years ago

Good luck with the updates mikeandbarb!

Mairin- Thanks for the help with CPS, seeing it in your bathroom was great. I'm so happy with it. It was my first choice months ago, if I had gone with my gut I would have saved $100 in paint samples!!

• danielle00
    15 years ago

appliances and countertop are in! I'm hoping to post pictures this weekend... even without window treatments (hint, hint).