Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sauragar

Home Depot delivered damaged Kitchen

sauragar
10 years ago

We ordered fabritec's expressive line from Home Depot. The home depot shipped us the cabinets with cabinet boxes with the combination of two different colors. Inside of the cabinet, there are two different colors. One side panel is darker and other side panel is lighter. I reported the issue on 12th of March. It has been a week that matter has not been resolved. The store manager kept saying manufacture is staying beyond their product and will not return it.

It is Home Depot Designer's fault to order kitchen that way. What happening between home depot and the cabinet manufacture is their internal matter. Home depot needs to take responsibility and takes those cabinets back and deal with the vendor internally. I am customer of Home Depot not the customer of the vendor.

Can anyone suggest what options I have? How do I make Home Depot to return those cabinets and also pay for the expenses that I am incurring for not having Kitchen which might take another 6 weeks if I order new kitchen.

Comments (13)

• User
    10 years ago

Cabinet boxes are always the interior color, unless upgraded to a finished side or a decorative door panel is ordered. No point in paying extra for finished sides that don't show. Sounds like you didn't understand that you would need to finish off he exposed sides. Are these the Chinese cabinets off of the website that you ordered?

• ktj459
    10 years ago

Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of posts like this all across the Internet about big box stores not backing up the product. I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for you. Maybe google complaints against HD and see what others have done? How large is the difference in color? Is it something you could live with since it is on the interior of the cabinet?

• live_wire_oak
    10 years ago

Just order the decorative door ends like the KD should have ordered. Simple.

• Terri_PacNW
    10 years ago

You are saying inside?
    Unless it's a glass front that will be lighted I don't see the problem.

• schicksal
    10 years ago

IMO your contract is with Home Depot, not whoever made the cabinets. It's up to them to deal with it. However, getting them to deal with is will probably be a major challenge.

• live_wire_oak
    10 years ago

You know, upon reflection, I don't think any of us have a clear understanding as to what the problem actually IS here, or if it's actually a problem. You need to post pictures of the issues to illustrate what you're talking about here. Also post the cabinet box nomenclature found on the outside of the box or pick ticket, and the design that was worked up for you.

• lam702
    10 years ago

I had a very negative experience with HD with a wall to wall carpet purchase. They installed it and it was a foot too short. Their solution was to patch the extra piece in, rather than remove it and replace it. It took many phone calls which weren't returned, a huge hassle and a long, long wait for the new install once they finally agreed to replace it. I hope you have better luck.. Sometimes the money you save with the big box store isn't worth it in the long run. They did make it right eventually. You have to be persistent, keep after them or they won't make it right.

• truffula
    10 years ago

I am confused - the inside of the kitchen cabinets are often a different color from the outside

• Gracie
    10 years ago

"The home depot shipped us the cabinets with cabinet boxes with the combination of two different colors. Inside of the cabinet, there are two different colors. One side panel is darker and other side panel is lighter."

The inside panels of the cabinet boxes are two different colors. We don't know what the material is, but if it's a wood product, I don't see why it matters. It's not "damaged", it's just the nature of wood.

• live_wire_oak
    10 years ago

Truffula, exactly. I think the OP may not know what normal cabinet construction involves, and that what they've received is not "damaged". But, without the pictures, and knowing where the cabinets fit in the design, it's difficult to say.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

It sounds to me like the insides of the cabinets are two different colors, one inside panel is dark, the other inside panel is light.
    Could you post pictures of how much difference there is? Is it a completely different wood? Is it just some color variation?
    Below a link to the cabinets. They state that the cabinets "have matching interiors," i.e. matching to the wood on the outside, so it could be possible that the inside melamine pattern on one side is totally different from the other inside if they messed up during construction.

Here is a link that might be useful: HD Fabritec kitchen

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Looks like the insides are wood-look melamine, so they should match.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Please post pictures. No one knows what you are talking about.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations