Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanga_gw

Kitchen Island Cabinet Cost

nanga
10 years ago

I know that this will vary significantly based on size and type of type of cabinet along with other variables; however, this information will be helpful to know if I am being unrealistic. I am doing a basic remodel of my kitchen. I currently have white thermafoil perimeter cabinets (Diamond) which are in excellent shape and not being replaced. I plan to add a new quartz countertop (Cambria -bradshaw) and know the cost of the countertop for the perimeter and the island, so I am now working out the details of the island cabinet design and it's cost.

I would like my island to be approximately 30" by 54" as that is the size of my portable island now and it is perfect. The quartz countertop will be about $900 and weigh somewhere between 250 to 350 pounds. My requirement was to have a drawer for storage of my oven mits and hot pads as this is where all items removed from the oven land. I also mentioned that my preference was to have some additional cabinet storage, but that is not because I need it, but more because it would feel wasteful (not to mention additional area to collect dust and clutter) if it were all open and that it have more the appearance of a piece of furniture and perhaps have some of the island legs. At present, the cost of the just the cabinet and legs are pricing out to be about $3000 for just the parts without any labor added. I've provided my thoughts on the budget and the ability to play with the island style and the designer I'm working with has been terrific and feels to understand what I'm looking for and has shared that i can provide the island legs myself if that is a cost savings. Now that she's gotten an idea on the cost, I am going to meet with her again and see if we can work this down. Their countertop cost was in line with the 2 other designers I'd requested quotes from.

Sorry for TMI, but I'm curious what others have found when pricing island costs as this feels like a lot. Thanks

Comment (1)