Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hanna7636_gw

Cabinets made in the USA?

hanna7636
13 years ago

Can anyone tell me what brands are? I heard Kraftmaid was made in China but assembled here.

Thanks.

Comments (23)

• caryscott
    13 years ago

They may have an RTA line from China but last I heard Kraftmaid was still manufacturing in the US. I don't think a lot of the cabinetry sector has moved off-shore.

• kngwd
    13 years ago

We almost went with Kabinart, made in TN. The price through a small local guy was much cheaper than Kraftmaid at HD, and Kabinart is always all plywood construction. Ended up finding a custom guy who was the same price as Kabinart but included the installation, so that's the route we are going! Check out local custom - you might be surprised how affordable they can be. I was! And definitely made in the USA!

• marcolo
    13 years ago

Candlelight is made in Lockport NY. Crown Point is in NH.

• sayde
    13 years ago

Kennebec and Cook & Cook -- both Maine.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Our Royal cabinets came from (and were built in) Hillsborough NJ.

• artemis78
    13 years ago

IKEA, bizarrely enough! Boxes are made in the U.S. (Virginia and California, I think?) and some doors/drawer fronts are; others are made in Europe and assorted other countries. You'd have to check to see for the specific style you were interested in.

• marthavila
    13 years ago

Plain and Fancy cabinetry is made in Schaefferstown, Pennsylvania.

• buckheadhillbilly
    13 years ago

Truwood cabinets are made in Alabama. They are all plywood and very good quality.

• ckells
    13 years ago

We looked at Candlelight in Lockport, NY and they looked like good quality. They are custom and reasonably priced. We were surprised, definitely check out local cabine makers.

• dianne47
    13 years ago

Why not hire a local cabinetmaker who will construct your cabinets "from scratch?" You can then be sure you're getting "made in USA."

• ernietd
    13 years ago

dianne47 beat me to it. I'm having mine custom made (not out of goodness, out of the fact that I have a slanted ceiling) so they are not only being made in the US, but right here in town, providing some money right here!

• funfarm
    13 years ago

The three that I considered - Koch, Kraftmaid and Canyon Creek - are all made in the USA. I ended up going with Canyon Creek.

Dean

• vitamins
    13 years ago

My cabinets (Hallmark) are made in the USA -- Utah. The other cabinet maker that we were originally going with -- Crystal -- (until the KD got mad at them because they didn't send a sample door like they were supposed to) is also made in the USA (Minnesota, I think).

• ZacsDaddy
    13 years ago

Aristocratic Cabinets -- in Washington. They have a new factory and can offer flexibility of sizes like a custom shop for a very decent price.

(Their website is pretty lame, but the quality of the cabinets is top notch.)

• bodhi8
    13 years ago

Kraftmaid assembled in USA and Canada with imported parts.
    Only few mid range cabinets are made in US. Many are made with Chinese plywood. Wellborn from Alabama is one of the few companies that make their own doors and use US made parts, so their price is higher than other brands.

• mountaineergirl
    13 years ago

Wellborn cabinets, manufactured in Ashland, Alabama.

Here is a link that might be useful: link to Wellborn cabinets

• skabootch
    13 years ago

If you are in the Mid-west, be sure to look at Custom Wood Products in St. Mary's Kansas. Quality is excellent

• ideagirl2
    13 years ago

And of course, all Amish cabinets are made in the USA. (Maybe there are Amish cabinetmakers in Canada too, but your local US-based Amish folks are who I'm talking about). The link below is to a sort of Amish cabinetmaker clearinghouse in Ohio. If they don't sell in your area they can probably point you to Amish people nearby.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mullet Cabinet (Amish in Ohio)

• annettacm
    13 years ago

Mid-Continent... somewhere in... Minnesota? Pretty sure. Or Wisconsin.

• fivefootzero
    13 years ago

My Decora cabinets are made in the US of A. "Every Decorá Âabinetry semi-custom cabinet is hand crafted in Jasper Indiana."

• sh_murray
    13 years ago

We used Shiloh Cabinetry.

Here is a link that might be useful: shiloh cabinetry

• NYSteve
    13 years ago

We've been looking at 4 brands of cabinets, 3 of which (I believe) are Made in the USA: StarMark, Omega, and Bertch. KraftMaid is Assembled in the USA.