Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen showroom London

Posted by alora750 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 6:23

Good Kitchen Showrooms in the London?
What city in the London is known for or has really good and extensive kitchen showrooms?

The reason I'm asking: My mom and dad want to go away somewhere warm right now and combine that with their housebuilding plans. :)

Any ideas on what city would have a good selection of showrooms?

Thank you for any help!?

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen showroom London

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen showroom London

depends on what they're after. Lots of smaller towns have interior design shops including kitchens. The UK's equivalent to Home Depot is "Home Base" or "B and Q"....they each have kitchens and upgraded lines within, as well. the John Lewis Dept store in large metro areas sell kitchens-the stores have displays. Try googling "cotswolds kitchen design uk" or "Oxford UK kitchen design"....you'll see the independent ones based on whatever town/area you insert. They're all over the place.....many small dwellings have odd shaped rooms/irregular walls and dimensions, so that many people need a more customized approach....custom isn't necessarily the big ticket thing it is here but rather a way of getting it done to suit the dwelling. In stock kitchen components from the big box sites offer much for stock sizes: many different styles to choose from. Are they going down to the coast-say Brighton? Not sure about the premise that this is going to be[ warm]??

o
RE: Kitchen showroom London

here's a little itinerary if they are enroute in this direction from London-good for a nite and 2 days or so. Stay at "Three Swans" Hotel in Hungerford UK. Browse the town as I've never seen so many antique and flea markets in one small town all walking distance out the Hotel door. Note you are a short distance from Highclere Castle[Downton Abbey] and you can tour with tickets obtained in advance on line.Ramble furthur on foot,down to the river one day and spend the afternoon at" Moore and Bradfield" interior design for the kitchen they seek.[navigate their website in advance-wonderful pics]. Note [across the street].. the dress shop-the ladies who come in at Ascot time stop in and get their outfits, including one of a kind hats designed and sewn on site. Not my thing-but fun to look. Where exactly might their destination be?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here