Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need your expertise.....

Posted by susanne283 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 5:56

I have posted recently about planning to have a refrigerator surround designed. Yesterday I called each of the cabinet makers you folks recommended..four in total. Each had the same answer....."we are too busy to do a small job." Perhaps I should have anticipated it as there was an article in the Sunday paper last week about the surge in home renovations in my area. So, as I inherited my Apple Valley kitchen, (they are out of business), and have never had the pleasure to design a kitchen, I don't know how to proceed. I believe Apple Valley is considered semi-custom, though I admit to not even knowing exactly what the means. Do you think I would be able to match my existing cabinets with another semi-custom brand? The fridge is on a wall of it's own, opposite the other cabinets. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need your expertise.....

what details do you have about the species and stain color/any glazing/ date of instllation of your cabs in your kitchen? Stains can be matched....a drawer front provided will enable a close replication of how it looks today. So, is it just panels or cabinets/pantry you seek as well?get it on graph paper and submit it to Scherrs or Conestoga/Barkers/ Cabinet Joint/maybe Cliq..... and a couple of them have online design if there is a bit more than just panels..

o

Thanks herbflavor ....I do know the cabinets are maple, and painted creamy white. We want to do a surround with cabinets above and a side pullout pantry. Bad timing, I guess....;)

o

What about finding a finishing carpenter in your area who might be able to do a small job for you. If you have friends/family who are doing some renos they might have one on site that you can contact.

Go to your local lumber yards and ask them if they have any who come in on a regular basis buying supplies. That's how we found the best house painter ever. We went to our local BM dealer and asked them for recommendations. They gave us names of those who they knew personally and who always paid their bills on time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here