Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite Selection Help Please

Posted by ahkim (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 3:02

Hello, we just finalized our kitchen layout and the last decision is the granite. After looking at many photos on Houzz, we like the light granite on white cabinets, better than dark granite.

The standard included granite is silver-grey, which is pretty dark. We can upgrade ($1200) to the following three white granites:

1. Bianco Romano (favorite)
2. Wine River
3. Colonial River (least favorite)
4. Silver-Grey (stock-dark)

The problem is that our designer thinks the white granites don't fit with the kitchen. I'd like to hear what others think. Do any of these clash? or work?

First photo on top is our kitchen with the Grey Walls.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite Selection Help Please

I agree with your favorite choice.

o

I don't understand why your designer thinks it doesn't work. Did he/she give you an explanation other than it doesn't work? I think they all would look great with white cabinets!

o

Agree. What is the designer seeing that we are not? Are you cabinets creamy or whiter?

o

Our kitchen set up looks very similar except we don't have the pantry on the right. We are also getting white cabinets and planning on River White granite. I think it will look great. We may be painting BM Revere Pewter but won't decide that until all cabinets and granite is in.

o

I like your favorite choice too.

o

Thanks for the replies. We picked the Bianco Romano and the exact slab just now.

The designer's concern was the red/purple dots not tying into the rest of the kitchen, or the paint color. But we brought a paint sample and it looks fine.

o

Must be my monitor, I don't see any wine or purple. I see grey, pinky-beige and small bits of white.

o

Great choice. That's a beautiful slab, much prettier than your initial pics.
Congrats!

o

I love the Bianco Romano Counter with your cabinets! That is one of my favorite counters. I love the beautiful slab you picked out.

o

I think I know what your designer means. My White River slabs have the purple/garnet dots too. They are hard to see in a photo like that of the whole slab, but they are pretty prominent when you are actually looking at the stone close up. I'm not going to fuss about it though. I'm doing cream/offwhite walls, and grey stained cabinets. Because the base colours of my slabs have grey and some gold, there's quite a bit to work with in terms of tying into various shades of white/cream, and I assume the same is the case with your stone. I don't feel like I need to have purple/garnet elsewhere.

Your slab is very beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here