Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
About Ready to Start Cabinet Build

Posted by frogster (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 2:39

Hi all,

We received our pretty much final drawings, and I would love another set(s) of eyes to look over them and help identify any problems that need to be addressed or anything that comes across as a significant mistake.

Here is the overall perspective:
 photo Overheadperspective_zps8679af0d.jpg
Another perspective:
 photo CornerPerspective_zpsd92457b3.jpg

Here is the overhead of the cabinets:
 photo Overheadcabinets_zps339f8a48.jpg

Here are the sink wall cabinets:
 photo SinkWallcabinets_zps4452cd49.jpg

Here are the range wall cabinets:
 photo RangeWallCabinets_zps215bcdb1.jpg

Here are the refrigerator cabinets:
 photo Fridgecabinets_zps1a2e021b.jpg

Thanks, Frogster

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: About Ready to Start Cabinet Build

That's going to be so wonderful when it's done! One thing did catch my eye, not a serious mistake, I'm just wondering why you have the prep sink right next to a dining spot, and the MW on the corner of the island. How do you think it might work if you swapped those two, and put the prep sink on the corner, and put the MW next to the dining stool?

o

Where are you going to store your mixing bowls, cutting boards, utensils, etc. for prep? I don't like the sink next to the seating, especially if there are backs on the stools as you show.

o

Thanks for the comments on the sink; I do appreciate the concerns. Through our design process, the poor sink has been nearly every place it could go on the island. We did not want it to be to the right, closer to the end, as that would cut into prime work space and interfere with the refrigerator landing spot. It is also is marginally more convenient for someone to come in from the dining room and use that sink without getting in the way of the cooking. We compromised on this location.

As for where we store utensils, mixing bowls, etc., we will be using the top drawers to the right and left of the range for utensils and then the 15" deep cabinet below the island behind where the microwave goes and opposite the sink. We will also have others in other places, as well.

Frogster

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here