Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goostergw

Start date approaching! Help me make a hood decision

Gooster
11 years ago

My cabinets are arriving, the rooms are getting cleared and my start date approaches! I've made most of my decisions, but I have a major decision on the hood we're still waffling on. The room is rather long and narrow, and the hood is visually centered on one end -- we're trying to highlight some features on the short walls to help visually foreshorten the room and make it appear wider.

Anyhow, the range is a stainless-brushed chrome Cornufe, the cabinets white, the counters grey. We really only have space for a 36" wall-mount hood (up to 40 inches of space).

We're stuck decided between three options. The default, non custom choice is this Kobe:

Eclectic Kitchen design by San Diego Design-build Jackson Design & Remodeling
To be honest, it is the least expensive but it is well reviewed. It just leaves me a bit cold and puts a lot of stainless in one area.

We are also considering some customized Vent-a-Hood options (Prizer and Abakka are probably too expensive and I don't like the local Modernaire dealer):

Something that might look like this, except perhaps with a solid white or grey body instead of all stainless:

[Modern Kitchen Tile design[(https://www.houzz.com/products/modern-tile-prbr1-br~t_1053~s_2105) by Charlotte Walker Zanger
That backsplash tile was our original choice but the color in the end reads too creamy for our cabinetry.

Or something simpler, like this except with a grey or white body:

Traditional Kitchen design by Chicago Kitchen And Bath Kitchen Classics - Charles Heller
I like how the polished stainless lip real ads an element of shine that will play on some other design elements.

Here are the three in mockups:
{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by gooster on Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 12:35

Comments (5)