Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vadawg

Absolute black or Mont Blanc with white cabinets?

VADawg
10 years ago

Hi all,
So I thought I had decided on Antiqued Absolute Black for our perimeter counters and Mont Blanc honed for our island (cabinets and island are white, floors hardwood). But, it's actually more expensive to mix the black and Mont Blanc because I have to buy 3 total slabs instead of just 2 like I would if the counters and island were the same. So, we can't afford this option but I love the look. My original intent was to do an all-white kitchen (although Mont Blanc has a ton of gray in it). Then I fell for AB Antique and the contrast between the black counters and white cabinets. Now I have to decide all AB, which I like for the contrast, texture, and easy care, or all Mont Blanc, which I like for the beauty and look. Sorry for such a long post but these countertops are just giving me fits!

Comments (5)

• feisty68
    10 years ago

My personal preference is for not mixing counters, but that's just me.

Does your kitchen have lots of natural light? That would be a huge consideration for me.

• jesshs
    10 years ago

My friend has a tiny kitchen with almost no natural light. She has painted white cabinets and just got Brazilian Black granite put in. I thought it would make the kitchen too dark, but it was beautiful. It reads as almost a solid black, but yet not too dark. I can't really put it into words. The granite guy was commenting how much prettier her Brazilian was than the Absolute Black they had put in an island the day before. Just throwing out another option.

For me, I would go with the easiest care.

• Dorrie Gagnon
    9 years ago

what did you decide? I am going through your same dilemma. I am worried that the Mont Blanc will etch and stain?

• VADawg
    Original Author
    9 years ago

dgags,
    I went with Mont Blanc. I really wanted an all-white kitchen. If you search my name under the "quartzite polished or honed" conversation there's a picture of my kitchen. Our kitchen was finished 7 months ago and there has been no staining or etching, and I put hot pots directly on the countertop (although not for long because I'm scared to mess it up!) and so far the counters have been bulletproof. Good luck!

• aries61
    9 years ago

dgags, I posted a link to the page showing VADawg's Mont Blanc

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to VADawg's Mont Blanc picture