Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mmhmmgood_gw

update: tapmaster as childproofing for instahot

mmhmmgood
12 years ago

It's been a long time since I originally posted this idea and I wasn't sure if it would work or not - I linked the original post below. We're finally nearing the end of our project, with some small details (like installing the appliances ...) still to be finished. I'm just posting to update anyone who might be interested that my plumber successfully installed the tapmaster on my insinkerater instahot system, and it has been working like a dream!

I have the HC Wave from insinkerator for both near boiling and cold (not chilled) drinking water. Water will only flow from the drinking water faucet (boiling or cold) if you have the tapmaster turned on. That means to get the near boiling water is a two step process: turn on the tapmaster with your foot, then turn on the faucet with your hand. Just as a reminder, the instahot tap cannot be left in the "on" position like a regular faucet, so you don't really have to worry about boiling water streaming out if you accidentally turn the tapmaster on below.

And so I have less worry about my children (1 and 3) scalding themselves while playing at my cleanup sink while I work away in the kitchen since I can just quickly check that the tapmaster is off before I leave them to play there. And in a few years when I know they have learned about the boiling water tap I can remove this little childproofing system and l put the tapmaster onto my main sink!

Here is a link that might be useful: original post: tapmaster as childproofing for instahot

Comments (5)