Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jtkaybean

Very pleased with my medallion cherry pecan cabinets....

jtkaybean
13 years ago

Our cabinet guy said he will probably be ready for granite install by this fri.

The quality of medallion is as good as you guys said it was..thank you!,,,

I love how rich the wood looks!

Comments (9)

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Dontcha just love it when you're happy with an expensive purchase? I'm glad you like them. Please show us pics asap!

• ironcook
    13 years ago

that's wonderful, jillsee!

the medallion cherry with the pecan stain is just beautiful.

looking forward to pics!

• mskitchen
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting this, just finished with our KD re kitchen and master bath and he suggested Medallion, they looked well made and I selected a stain with glazing for the perimeter and a distressed paint with glazing for the island. Had Brookhaven and Woodmode in my previous home, was very pleased with them but was told I'd double the cost if I went with them. Can't wait to see your finished kitchen.

• trailgirl
    13 years ago

We also just had Medallion cherry with pecan stain installed. I'll try to post some pics when the range gets put in. Can't wait to see yours. Which granite did you choose?

• jtkaybean
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks breezygirl & ironcook! i'm very excited, and so glad my kd gave me a little "nudge" to go with the cherry pecan. i was so nervous going with a darker wood and my dream was to do white. it compliments my oak floors so well and that was my HUGE worry.

mskitchen, we got the brookhill style. will you be posting pics when you are done?

trailgirl, yes!!! please post pics, i'm DYING to see your kitchen! here is our granite, persa avorio which only one person on GW (missmuffett) has. now i'm getting nervous how it'll look with the cabinets lol

curious how you did your crown moulding? we ordered the stacked 5" inch with a decorative piece (believe it's dentil?) in the middle. wondering if i should also install the moulding in the adjoining breakfast nook and above window too, having tough decision on this and don't want it to look too heavy!

• ironcook
    13 years ago

jillsee... that granite is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! (says this non-granite-type person!)

DH prefers the pecan, but we are getting "divinity" probably...

BUT, now i'm thinking of getting cherry counters. go figure!

you must be so excited to get that granite installed. :)

• hungryheart
    13 years ago

My Cherry Pecan Medallion cabinets were put in two weeks ago! They are beautiful. I was back and forth on granite for so long and went with Ubatuba ... I'm quite pleased.
    What kind of handles or pulls are you getting? I went with brushed nickel and am having some second thoughts.

• hungryheart
    13 years ago

• mskitchen
    13 years ago

jillsee: it will be at least 6 months for pictures, we hope to start building this month and hope to be in by Sept. So yes, once we're in, I'll post pictures. I also selected the Brookhill door for the kitchen and had to go with the Briarwood in the master bathroom since there is also a laundry room, powder room and guest bathroom to consider in the money allocation of cabinetry. Can't wait to see your completed kitchen.