Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wet Bar Lighting Help!!!!

Posted by Texas_Gem (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 0:47

My wet bar is 8 feet long and its location gets minimal natural light.

We will be installing the recessed can lights on Thursday and I can't figure out if I should go with 2 cans or 3 cans.

Part of me doesn't want the area to be too bright, another part of me thinks I should go with more light and if I find it to be too much I can always put a dimmer switch on to tone it down.

I could really use some advice here.

8 foot solid run on interior wall, 2 or 3 cans? Also, should I go with 4 inch or 6 inch cans? 6 inch cans seem to have more options for decorative trim; something I want to add later.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wet Bar Lighting Help!!!!

How high is the ceiling?

o

Ceiling is 8 ft and I have no upper cabinets there.

o

Does anyone have any suggestions on whether I should go with 2 or 3 cans?

o

I'd probably go 3 and put on a dimmer since you have no other lighting.

In our wetbar I think we have one can light, but then puck lighting (3) over the counter run and then some more puck over the island. There is a center open shelf that is wood with a glass insert so light will shine down through it, and the same for the glass cabinet shelves on each side of the sink area.

I was almost going to skip the can light altogether, but it continued down past the bar into a hallway towards the other rooms there, so at the last minute I added that can, on a separate switch than the other bar lighting, more as part of the hallway lighting than the bar lighting, if that makes sense.

o

Thanks, I will do 3.

o

I agree

o

You can put in "eyeball" cans. Then, you can direct the light exactly where you want it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here