Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
romy718

Cambria Torquay & Crackle Tile

romy718
10 years ago

DH & I went to a big electonics appliance store that has 5 or 6 kitchen displays. I'd thought I'd share some pictures I took (for you guys) of Cambria Torquay combined with a light green crackle tile. Per usual, I couldn't capture the true color & "crackle" of the tile. I think I did pretty good with the Torquay.

Comments (24)

• romy718
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another pic.

• romy718
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cambria Torquay

• romy718
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Torquay & Crackle Tile

• romy718
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Last pic.

• romy718
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One more of Torquay.

• aries61
    10 years ago

romy718, curious, do you live in the Chicago area? If you do, I know the store it's displayed in.

• romy718
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gotta love ABT. I hadn't been in awhile so this was a new kitchen display for me.
    Edit: we live in the northwest suburbs

This post was edited by romy718 on Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 1:25

• aries61
    10 years ago

ABT has come a long way. I've seen them grow from a small place to a huge place where they are now. The best time to go is over the weekend when they make fresh chocolate chip cookies. yum

I live a couple of miles east of O'Hare. Far nw side where Chicago and the start of suburbs meet.

Have you ever showed a picture of your beautiful floors? I've only seen them covered up with brown paper.

This post was edited by aries61 on Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 10:06

• msrose
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I would love to have any of those kitchens!

• romy718
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We were there yesterday & did score a couple of chocolate chip cookies. We were looking at electronics but I had to check out the kitchens. I hadn't seen anything but a small sample of Torquay & pics here on GW. Very pretty & I love that crackle tile with it.
    Still waiting to do my reveal until the floors are uncovered. My Mom is recuperating with us & has the claw, which we fondly call her walker. About another 6 to 8 weeks & she hopes to move back to her home.

• deedles
    10 years ago

I was going to comment on how beautiful the seam and edge looked but Tre beat me to it. Gorgeous, thanks for sharing.

Hope your mom continues to do well.

• crl_
    10 years ago

Thank you for sharing the pictures. That is a really nice combination!

• Lisa
    10 years ago

Wow, that's beautiful! I really love the tile behind the stove. And if I hadn't just finished my kitchen these pics would definitely have me considering the Torquay!

• aries61
    10 years ago

romy718, a little of topic. Where did you get your walnut floors and countertop from? I really like your walnut counter.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Trebruchet, doesn't the shape of the sink dictate the radius of the cutout?

• berardmr
    10 years ago

Do you happen to know the name of the tile? If not, can you give me the store name and location so I may call and inquire? It's a show stopper! Thanks.

• berardmr
    10 years ago

Do you happen to know the name of the tile? If not, can you give me the store name and location so I may call and inquire? It's a show stopper! Thanks.

• romy718
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I don't know the manufacturer of the tile but it was supplied by Mona Lisa Tile & Stone in Kenilworth, IL. The kitchen was designed by DDK Kitchens in Glenview, IL. Hopefully one of these would share the manufacturer. If not, let me know.

• romy718
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aries, the wood top is from Grothouse, 2" small bead & cove in Durata Satin Finish, Bermuda Nights.
    Our floors are site finished 4" walnut planks, stained with Duraseal Special Walnut & Bona High Traffic in Matte, 3 coats, I think.
    I don't have a pic with my backsplash installed. The walnut top in this pic looks much darker than IRL.

This post was edited by romy718 on Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 19:42

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 years ago

"Trebruchet, doesn't the shape of the sink dictate the radius of the cutout?"

If you reread my post, I said "radius on the sink edge profile", not "radius of the cutout corners."

This is a perfect example of when a fabricator does his customer a disservice by not up-selling a larger sink edge profile instead of the usual 1/8" round over. It takes more time and bits and therefore money to do a 1/2" radius which looks about like the one pictured above, but when you drop a pan on a pencil edge, and that's when, not if, it is much more likely to chip than the 1/2".

This post was edited by Trebruchet on Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 20:01

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 years ago

I do this repair over and over. Dropped pan.

When I come out, you'll probably pay me more than what the fabricator would have charged you extra to get the 1/2" radius, but when I leave, you've still got a pencil edge.

This post was edited by Trebruchet on Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 20:13

• lisamscott
    6 years ago

What color grout did you use?

• shelley2729
    last year

How do you like the Torquay, any issues over the years?

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH