Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sinks satin or refined brushed finish??

Posted by pghred (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 30, 11 at 0:17

i really like the look with satin finish. the brushed finish is about $200 cheaper. got the quote for granite today so the $200 cheaper is looking better now.

any pros or cons between the 2 finishes??

thanks for any input

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sinks satin or refined brushed finish??

I would like to know this too. Anyone can offer any thoughts?

o

I think in context of an entire kitchen; you probably won't notice the difference. If this is a good place to save some needed $$... I would do it. I'm sure the brushed is very nice. Think of it in terms of the whole.

o

The way I look at it, although I also like the satin finish, is that in a year or two you're going to have a brushed finish anyway, so you might as well save the money. :)

o

I looked at sinks for a short time till the fabricator I used offered me a sink, so to save money I went with it (he gave a choice of 3). I got curious about the difference because of this post, so did a little research, this is what I found, hope it helps: The satin finish is general finer / smoother to the touch but both the terms are used to described multiple different finishes. There are various ways of applying mechanical polishes belts / brushes to stainless steel each can have different levels of roughness and so finishes can vary dependent on the requirement of the end use. Ideally it is best to look and touch but not always practical often these finishes can be very similar.

o

Thanks so much for all your replies. I will go with the save money term.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here