Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet hardware questions....

Posted by geomeg (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 0:14

Our renovation is starting Monday finally!

I'm trying to decide what pulls and knobs to use.
Our kitchen is tiny, and we only have one bank of drawers 15" wide
I love the look of cup pulls and wanted to use that for the drawers. They will be shaker , would 3" cup pulls be a good size?

I'm thinking knobs for the rest. I'm not sure what to use for our 18" tall pantry.
Do I put knobs on the door or another sort of pull? The pantry will be ceiling height but shallow ( only 8" deep).

Are there " rules" about these things ? Lol...

Our cabs will be a creamy white shaker and counters White Macaubus.
I'm not sure what color either, maybe polished nickel?

Any suggestions for hardware?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet hardware questions....

There aren't any rules - it's all a matter of what you like. If you go with cup pulls for the drawers, then pantry knobs to match other doors sound good. We did this for our pantry doors,

photo pantryknobs_zps02c5f0b9.jpg

but those knobs could have gone in any of several places.

One recommendation: go try out the knobs/pulls you want in person. It's amazing how different they feel when you handle them. Some will feel unfinished or scratchy on the back side or be too small for your hands, and others will be just right. You can't tell those things by looking at a photo.

o
RE: Cabinet hardware questions....

This may sound funny, but the way I judged the pulls was not only how they felt in my hand but also if they could snag my earbud cords. I like to listen to audio books or music when cleaning and cooking sometimes and the old knob pulls we had would catch the cord and when I moved away, the buds would be jerked from my head. Not a pleasant thing, I will say.

So, I tested the handles I liked to see if they'd catch a cord or not. LOL Just thought I'd throw that out there in case it might be an issue for you or others reading.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here