Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetwillie_gw

Granite yards in Chicago area

sweetwillie
15 years ago

Im from NW Indiana and have been to almost all slab yards in this area that I know of. Anyone have any ideas in Chicagoland area. I heard of a place called UGM (Universal Granite and Marble ?)

Any help is appreciated. Time is running out

Comments (7)

• luckloo
    15 years ago

Yes! We went to UGM (it's by sox park) Monday. We were very happy there. We found the best slab of Juparana Persia. What are you looking for?

• friedajune
    15 years ago

I went to a lot of granite yards in the Chicago area. I thought that Granite America had the best selection of any of them. I bought my granite countertops and my marble fireplace surround there. Granite America has two showrooms; I went to the one in Maywood, but I have heard that the one in Northbrook is even bigger. Check out the link below. You may have to call first before visiting the warehouse.

Here is a link that might be useful: Granite America

• sweetwillie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Luckloo
    Im not sure what I am looking for exactly. I just know I have been looking for months ( mainly at 2 local yards) and havent been able to find something we "LOVE". We teetered between Verde Peacock and Giallo Vicenza. I like browns and earthy tones. Movement doesnt bother me. I am just waiting to see if something makes me go "wow". So far I havent had that. This is our dream house and the kitchen is huge and open. I am just afraid of screwing it up by choosing something just to choose. We have Cherry Rose cabinets with an ebony glaze

Thanks for the link Akchicago...

• megradek
    15 years ago

Don't know if you've been to these others yet...I feel as if I've been to every warehouse in the entire area...isn't this hard??

Damar - Northbrook http://www.damarstone.com/
    T&M supply - Wheeling & Chicago http://www.tmsupply.com/about.stm
    M&G - Evanston http://www.marble-granites.com/gallery.aspx
    MS International - Elk Grove Village http://www.msistone.com/

I finally made up my mind this morning after agonizing for weeks!!

• azstoneconsulting
    15 years ago

Here's my .02 cents worth:

You NEED to go see ROGAN GRANITE in Chicago Heights, Illinois.

Their phone numbers are 708.758.0050 or toll free at 800.626.5365.
    They are located at 21550 Lincoln Highway, in Chicago Heights on the
    south side of the road - just west of the railroad tracks.

They have done literally thousands of people's kitchens,
    and I would recommend them in a heart beat -
    every day of the week that ends in "y", and of course -
    twice on Sundays! HA!

Tom Rogan is a very dear friend of mine, and I beleie that he is
    either second or third generation in the Natural Stone Industry.
    His two sons - Mick & Bob also work in the business (for their Dad) as well -
    making them third or fourth generation!

Rogan Granite is a member of the Marble Institute of America,
    and although he probably won't point this little tidbit out to you himself -
    Rogan Granite did THE Vietnam Veteran's Memorial - "THE Big Black Wall"
    in Washington DC - a project that he is very proud of to have done.
    As a Vietnam Era Veteran myself, I am honored that my dear friend Tom
    and his family have produced such a masterpiece for our nation - that honors
    the memory of all who died in that conflict.

I didn't mean to get "off topic" on "THE Wall",
    but that is an area that is near and dear to my heart........
    I take great pride in being able to recommend such a class act as Tom Rogan and his company - Rogan Granite for anyone in the Chicago area. I promise you - it will be totally worth the effort for you to get in touch with Rogan Granite!

kevin

Kevin M. Padden
    Fabricator, Trainer & Consultant to the Natural Stone Industry
    AZ School of Rock
    www.azschoolofrock.com
    kevin@azschoolofrock.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Rogan Granite's Website

• staticfritz
    15 years ago

Rocktops in Crete, IL (close to indiana) are fantastic. they have a large selection of granite, slate, serpentine and soapstone. You can buy just the slabs, precut piece, or have them do the whole job for you. Bob is the best!
    You can pick out the specific slab you want.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Rocktops (not the best website, but great folk)

• randyortan
    13 years ago

Hi this is ranry ortan im here to provide you some awareness about a unique species(tigers) actually I don�t have any idea how to create impressive article to attract you. My concern is not attracting you basically I want request to please awake and save tiger species because day by day the numbers of tigers in world are decreeing we are human so it's our special duty toward them (tigers, animals) to save their species. Please share your great idea's in the favor to save them.

It�s very painful we have lost lots of animals species God made us human to protect them but we are so busy in our personal life and we forget our all this kind of responsibility they are helpless to protect their own species but are not, we can save them so please give your contribution from your to save them because they need our help.

Here is a link that might be useful: dating