Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to position faucet and soap dispenser

Posted by tinan (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 23:38

I have free rein to position these 2 items for countertop-mount - the faucet only needs a single hole and the soap dispenser will be on the right off to the side somewhere (since it will also be my air gap hole).

The sink is unfortunately off center to the kitchen window (to the left about one foot) and I can't reposition it without ripping out and replacing cabinets and messing with the plumbing a lot. So, with the sink to the left of center of the window, should I consider an off center position for the faucet? Or would that just be awkward to use?

The soap dispenser needs to be on the right because it will be my air gap hole, and all the air gap plumbing is on the right. However, how far to the right - between the wall and the sink, at the corner angled in?

The countertop will be poured concrete I am putting it in tomorrow so I need to position the faucet knockouts first... I should also mention that there will be very little drillable space between the sink and the wall, because of the bracing for the countertop, but there should be just enough for the faucet to fit with about 1" between it and the opening of the sink. The drain for this sink is towards the back as you can see, and the faucet will project out past the drain. Normally I see the faucet aligned over the drain, is there a potential problem with it not being aligned?

This is the Faucet - Delta Leland.

ANd the matching soap dispenser

This is the sink - Ikea Domsjo the inset not the apron sink, but it will be effectively undermounted (sandwiched between the plywood substrate and concrete over top)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to position faucet and soap dispenser

The soap dispenser is typically either 6 to 8 inches from the faucet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here