Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a good deal? Bluestar range

Posted by kam76 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 23:15

I saw this one on ebay (we will be on propane). Just wondering if this is a good deal. I have not had the time to go to a dealer yet but wanted to get an idea on pricing. It says $6500 value but you can never trust those things.

36" RNB for $4242 +$99 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlueStar-RNB366BV1LP-36-Freestanding-Liquid-Propane-Range-6500-value-/330873453651?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d09983c53

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a good deal? Bluestar range

As far as I know, I think the manufacturer controls the price for these highend brands. I don't think you will get very different quotes from different places.

o
RE: Is this a good deal? Bluestar range

1) You would get more and better responses in the Appliances Forum

2) Manufacturer controls the dealers prices by threatening to pull their dealership.

3) Markdown Madness on ebay is not an authorized dealer therefore not controlled by Bluestar. Bluestar is not legally required to honor warranty if you buy from non-authorized dealer.

4) $6500 is the full MSRP. The minimum allowed selling price,or UMRP, is set regionally and varies a bit but is around $5800 plus any tax.

5) $4242 plus $99 delivery seems like a really good price to me. Remember you don't need Bluestar to fix your range; you need Bluestar to fix your range under the warranty period for FREE. Their one year warranty is not worth ~$1600 IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here