Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
(Mostly) Finished Kitchen Pics

Posted by beaglesdoitbetter (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 1, 12 at 23:13

I REALLY wanted to wait until I was moved in and had furniture and had my dishes in the cabinets to post the "big reveal," but I cannot wait. I just can't. I love my kitchen too much (at least from the pics I got today- I haven't actually seen it in person yet since the paper was taken off!) :)

So, anyway, here is the Finished Kitchen Part I with Part II pending in a few months if you aren't all sick of my kitchen already :) Part II will also feature interior shots of the drawers, as there's fun stuff inside all of them and I don't have pictures of that yet :)

So, without further ado...

232323232%7Ffp733%3C6%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A2%3C4%3A4345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63573%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A2%3C4%3A5345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73437%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A2%3C4%3A6345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp635%3A8%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A2%3C4%3A7345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp6356%3B%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A2%3C4%3A8345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63552%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A2%3C4%3A9345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73464%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A2%3C4%3B3345nu0mrj

Don't mind the odd silver thing on the drainboard- that's just the plug to the sink, it won't live there forever.
232323232%7Ffp63575%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A2%3C4%3A%3A345nu0mrj

And, just for fun since so many people in the kitchen forum helped me to design these cabinets, this is the finished gathering/keeping room area off the kitchen. Note- the really ugly cabinet knobs are not staying. I wanted white marble and these were the only ones I found but they are not attractive:
232323232%7Ffp73467%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A2%3C4%3B2345nu0mrj

Details:
Cabinets: Dutch Wood Kitchens
Granite/marble: Statuario marble for the perimeter cabinets and marble sink. Fabricated by IMG Marble and Granite. Blue bahia for the island, fabricated by Sinai/Big Brothers Marble and Granite who did a perfect seam
Island sink Concrete, fabricated by Paco Originals
Knobs/pulls Custom-made glass, created by Designer Glass Mosaics to match the granite.
Appliances Miele 42" cooktop, some kind of Jenn-Air oven, Sharp microwave drawer, integrated Bosch refrigerator (behind the mirror), integrated Fisher & Pickel dishdrawers (one next to each sink); integrated Bosch dishwasher
Pantry door Custom design, Sans Soucie Art Glass
Mural Stone impressions (custom design, they sent us the graphics and we created it ourselves
Chandeliers James R. Moder Crystal
Faucets & potfiller Whitehaus.

I think that's all- let me know if I forgot anything :)

Anyway, a BIG thank you to everyone on GW who gave encouragement, advice, and information about things that I never even knew existed etc. etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: (Mostly) Finished Kitchen Pics

Beautiful! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing! ENJOY!

o

wow, that is beautiful. congratulations! hope you enjoy it for many yrs to come!

o

So beautiful....congrats!

o

Beautiful! What is the size of your island? Do you have a seam in the granite?
Enjoy.

o

Now that is one glamorous kitchen!!! stunning..enjoy:)

o

WOW. Beagles, that is one spectacular kitchen. Love love love the granite and the marble, it has all come together so beautifully. Congrats and I hope you get to see it in person soon! I can't imagine that you're having to live it through the photos! Thanks for sharing before you've even had a chance to see it for yourself ;)

o

Oh. My. Gawd.
Are you sure you're not a magazine or builder trying to slide in here and advertize? OMG.
How amazing. And how absolutely serene, cool and calm. Such attention to detail! Did you choose all the appliques/overlays on your cabinetry?

I am still piecing my more than humble kitchen together. Would you mind, if you have time, posting some pics of your cabinet feet and how they feed into the cabinetry and counter top above?

Wow.
Those glamorous chandeliers are such jewelry in your kitchen! And they reflect so softly off your SS.

Those knobs you don't like? I'm not so certain they're not a very nice contrast. They're definitely not as ornate as the detail, but they're nice in the photos!

Your beautiful kitchen will be such a joy.
Makes me kinda wistful.
Enjoy.
You've really worked for this!
Christine

o

That's is over the top pretty!!! Details are impeccable.

o

Beagles,
Just gorgeous! Love the blue, the granite, the backsplash mural, chandeliers, granite, ok, I love all of it! I've been seeing bits and pieces over the months, nice to see it all come together so beautifully! Enjoy!

o

Amazing kitchen! This is very similar to the color scheme I'm shooting for so thanks for the inspiration pics!

Its also nice to see somebody do something besides inset cabinets. I've seen so many nice sets of white inset cabinets recently I was beginning to wonder if my plan for frameless was going to look funny to me once it was done.

o

Wow--that is SOME kitchen! Very special. :-)

o

Beautiful granite colors. Looks like your kitchen should be in the next edition of 'House Beautiful'. Very rich looking.

o

Elegant!! Really elegant! You will have such fun putting your dishes where they belong. Savor it all. Congratulations on a lovely job.

o

You did it! You realized your vision. It is outlandishly tasty!

o

No offense to your mad Photoshopping skills, but this is so much better! I can't believe you haven't even stepped foot in it yet! You've pulled every ornate detail together perfectly. Congratulations!

o

So much fun to watch this beagles. Thanks for sharing the process with us. You pulled together the truly glamorous kitchen you envisioned. Congrats on realizing your dream. That island stone piece is absolutely breathtaking!

o

Absolutely stunning! Love the wall of china cabinets!!!
Enjoy!

o

Gorgeous!! You must be so thrilled! Enjoy it : )

o

I'll have what she's having.

o

Hooray! So glad you posted pictures -- was wondering the other day whether I'd missed the reveal. Love the Blue Bahia so much; again and again my eyes linger on it. Fabulous space, what fun you will have with it!

o

Spectacular! Beautiful use of color.

o

Wow, I mostly lurk and have been following your progress. I'm so impressed that you've pulled this off nearly perfectly! It looks exactly like what you've been envisioning.

Congratulations, it really looks beautiful!! I especially love the bahia and the blue pantry door. :)

~ MM

o

Oh my goodness... so beautiful. I love blue and white so, of course, I'm in love. Your drawings were beautiful but the "real thing" is so much better. The granite is just to die for and combined with the marble is just lovely. I can't imagine working in there! Please post after you've moved in.

Congratulations on a job well done.

o

Breathtaking, I have to study the details, but one quick question- are those FRAMELESS full overlay cabinets? Your island I mean continent is spectacular! Definitely a magazine worthy kitchen.

o
RE: paint

Beautiful! What is the paint color on your wall?

o

Absolutely beautiful. That Blue Bahia granite is just breathtaking. And your range hood!!! Spectacular. Your glass cabinet wall is unlike anything I've seen in a kitchen. I can't wait to see close ups. Please make sure they include a close up of your cabinet pulls. Enjoy!

o

Gorgeous! Love the backsplashes and the china cabinets. Nice work! Can't wait to see it after move in!

o

Good heavens! That is one beautiful kitchen.

Congratulations! You did an awesome job, everything looks perfect together.

All I can say is wow! I can't wait to see more pics.

o

Oh my word! That is a show-stopper! Your granite is breathtaking! I love all your thoughtful details, and I have to say that fireplace is SPECTACULAR! LOVE LOVE the blue!

I want to see MORE!

o

Wow! Gorgeous! I love the granite. The whole look is fabulous. Enjoy!

P.S. I want to see the glass pulls

o

Beagles I'm thrilled for you - it's so beautiful! You put a great deal of time and thought into your design and it shows. I can just picture people coming in and running their hands across that fantastic counter on your island... absolutely stunning!

Can't wait to see more because I know it will all be gorgeous. Congrats!

o

Oh my goodness, your kitchen is STUNNING!!! I especially love all of the pops of blue, those gorgeous chandeliers and your blue granite. WOW!! What a knockout!!! Enjoy, enjoy!!! (And thanks so much for sharing photos!)

o

What joy it is going to be for you to work in such a stunning space! I love fancy, and that is one gorgeous, wonderfully fancy kitchen! I bet it is killing you to not be in there running your hands all over that island top!

o

That's some of the prettiest granite I've ever seen.

o

Oh my goodness!!!!! Seriously I would drop everything and be racing there to touch/feel it all! Can't wait to see more.

o

Thanks guys :)

icannotwait, the island is 13 ft. long. There is a seam in the granite, actually right behind the sink, even w/ the faucet. They did an excellent job and the seam is almost impossible to see. You can sort of see it in this close-up:
232323232%7Ffp63554%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3C7437465345nu0mrj

CEFreeman I will see if I can get someone to take pictures of the feet. Otherwise, when I go home at the end of Feb I will take some for you then if it isn't too late.

bodhi we considered inset but I didn't like it as much w/ this door style and look as full overlay. I think both can be beautiful depending on the kitchen :)

scrappy25 no, the cabinets aren't frameless. Just regular full overlay.

Shareher the color is sherwin williams tinsmith. We used that color through most of our house. More pictures of it can be found at the blog showing the whole house- we used it in the gathering room, kitchen, great room and master bath.

Dolode and dilly_ny I will get better pictures of my cabinet pulls, but here's some we took when they were first put on:
232323232%7Ffp734%3A%3A-nu%3D4464-2-3-254-WSNRCG%3D33%3B9%3A53369345nu0mrj

pull

o

That is one beautiful kitchen. I love the Personal touches of it, the chandelier, the glass and mirror cabinet fronts. My favourite part is the island granite. Stunning.

Your fireplace wall turned out so nicely. It all came together so nicely. Can't wait for more pics of the rest of the house.

o

Wow Beagles! After following your house progress on the building forum I am so excited to see it! I am still jelous of your pantry. I have to admit the blue turned out so amazing, I wasn't sure at first but seeing it all together is REALLY spectacular. I really love the way you mixed textures with the bling of the chandaliers and the fridge mirror panel is a great idea! That blue is just amazing, I am still stunned as I look back over your pictures. Wow!

o

So beautiful. Really like the range hood.

o

It must be very satisfying and delightful to see your vision fulfilled! All the best for happiness in your new home.

o

It is a masterpiece! I love the crystal chandeliers and the touches of blue. Not overdone. Just lovely.

o

It is just gorgeous! I love everything!

o

Beagles- It looks like Cinderella's castle! Very pretty and exactly what you drew, all those months ago :)

All the finishes are lovely and I think the blue shade is perfect with the Bahia. The fridge/freezer look like more windows, with the glass. What a spectacular kitchen!

o

speechless, I am.

ok, that stone is sick :)

o

I have been watching and participating in the process since day one or two, I think, and it looks better than the renderings, which isn't always the case :)

It's not the most practical kitchen,imo, but I think you knew this all along. I think the fireplace elevation and all the versions that went through was worth it too. It also looks even better than the schematics.

I am glad to see it all coming together from your vision so well. :)

o

Wow, I'll bet you're pleased - I like the sink and those blue cupboards best.

o

Wow. Amazing.

o

palimpsest you are right, it definitely is NOT the most practical kitchen. But, it wasn't designed to be practical! And I'm sure it isn't everyone's style either, too fussy/ornate, but it does go w/ the rest of our house at least :)

Also Pal, I don't know if you noticed (or remembered) but I went w/ one flute as you suggested on the side stiles for the bookcases :) Thanks so much for your help w/ that and everything else throughout the process!

o

Badass!

o

Gorgeous! I love seeing your personality reflected in the spectacular choices. The island is a stunner! Love the way you've used blue throughout the room. I can't believe you've been able to keep yourself away from that gorgeous room.

o

I am totally blown away! Absolutely stunning! I'll look forward to the "interior" pics and will comment more specifically, but right now, all I can think to say is WOW! WOW!!! WOW!!!!

o

Beagles~

Yay !!!!! It looks magnificent! Congratulations!

Enjoy !

Katie

o

Zowie
Our kitchen is not going to have that much WOW!
Congrats!

o

Beagles, that first photo took my breath away. It is that lovely. Your granite is not only a counter, it is artwork.

o

Here's a few more pics, including the requested pictures of the cabinet feet. Hope that helps!
232323232%7Ffp73467%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A7%3C%3A54345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63576%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A7%3C%3A55345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp635%3C7%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A684%3B5345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp635%3B9%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A94358345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63595%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A94359345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63638%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A9435%3A345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73467%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A9435%3B345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73452%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A94366345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp635%3A8%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A94367345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp6359%3A%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3434%3A94368345nu0mrj

o

Congratulations! What a beautiful kitchen. I can see why you're thrilled. I look forward to seeing more photos when you have a chance.

o

We've got blue, but it's nothing like this! I think our whole house would fit in your kitchen, almost!

Congrats on the gorgeousness, and the BLUE. The island is just spectacular.

o

Such gorgeous details! I am drooling on my keyboard. You know, I'm not normally a fan of ornate stuff for me (I'm faded jeans and old sneakers), but I really love your kitchen. As others have said, that first glance took my breath away. After that, I started poring over the details. Beautiful craftsmanship and wonderful choices.

My 8-year-old son said "I wish I could live there!".

o

Congratulations! Love your knobs and pulls! Love the blue hood, too.

o

Yes, beagle, I actually looked to see if the bookcases ended up with a single flute near the inner edge.

o

Thank you for letting us all share in your progress. I so admire your use of color, and your tireless attention to every detail of a mind-boggling project (it shows in every lovely square inch.) Good for you!

o

Thanks :) It was really fun to go through the whole process. And my cabinet maker was a real sport about my 1000 variations to everything too :) I definitely recommend them if you are anywhere in the vicinity of the Philly/NY/NJ area!

o

I need details on the Cutting drawer! Can you show some more photos?

Poor Jason.....now he has to deal with me and my 1000 variations!!!

bee

o

It's been fun watching your kitchen journey. I'm glad you went with tile to the crown on the range/hood niche. I hope you have many years of happiness in your new home... and maybe even learn to cook a bit, so the kitchen won't feel so left out! ;)

o

It looks great! so many cool details!
I've been waiting to see it all done for awhile too!
thanks for the eye candy! now enjoy!!!!

o

Your kitchen is beautiful--it looks like a dream come true. Congratulations. Is the blue on the hood and pantry door a custom color? It is really striking.

o

Wow...must...take...breath.... Stunning! I love your knobs and pulls, and that island it just amazing. I haven't been a contributor, but it's been fun to watch this come together. Can't wait to see the pictures of it once you're all moved in.

Cj

o

Okay, a kitchen that pretty and elegant would look very strange in my house, but I'd love it anyway. The blues are wonderfully done--bold and colorful and yet delicately done. That's something I could copy--if I could only manage it. That might not be such an easy trick to pull off. :)

Congrats on your lovely kitchen, Beagles!

o

Love those tootsies! :)

Just gorgeous, girl.
You've done a fantastic job.

Is this the kitchen of which you've dreamed?

Christine

o

Beautiful kitchen! I love the floors, counters and the cabinets!

What color off-white was used on the cabinets?

o

beekeeperswife here is another picture of the cutting board before it was installed which makes it's special feature easier to see. It is a pull-out cutting board w/ a hole in it. Underneath is a pull-out trash can w/ foot pedal. So, I can pull out the cutting board and the trash and sweep the scraps down the hole into the trash. We put a lot of pull-out boards into various places (inside the appliance cab, on the island, etc.) b/c I don't particularly want anyone doing anything ON my counters :)
cutting

allison0704 I got the full-height backsplash idea from GW and I'm so glad that I found it and did it!

lolonwood the blue is a custom color. We actually took a very small piece of blue bahia granite tile to sherwin williams and we had them do their color-matching on the color and this was the blue that came up. We love the color so much we painted our bedroom that color and we painted the great room area in our vacation home that color as well.

rosie you absolutely can do it. Just don't be afraid to incorporate the color(s) you love :)

CEFreeman it is absolutely the kitchen I dreamed of, except even better! Every detail came out just the way I imagined a kitchen should be in my head :)

lynn2006 the white on the cabinets is a copy of BM glacier white. (And, BTW, the floors are natural American cherry)

o

I've been waiting! Beagles - I am so happy for you! Your kitchen is Beauuutiful ;-) All of the thought, planning and fine attention to detail has made a amazing space. I would have to walk around and around the kitchen just to soak in all the great details. Hope you get to move in soon and please post photos of the rest of your home! Well done!! Cindy

o

So this is what you've been doing while I was away. :)

All of the superlatives have been said. It's impressive how well it reflects the renderings. It is the gorgeousness you planned and beyond.

But...are you sure you don't want to learn how to cook??

o

You had me at Foot Pedal.

Oh my. Jason and I are going to have quite a lonnnnng meeting on Monday!

Thanks for all those ideas. I'm stealing every single one of them!!!

When can we come see it?

o

Bravo! Very elegant. I have enjoyed following along with this planning as well as reading your post over these months. You have been very helpful to the community with your feedback and insight.

BTW your island is longer than my kitchen, but I don't think it's as wide :)

o

pllog, if I learn how to cook, I might mess up the counters!

beekeeperswife I actually ordered the foot pedals myself from hafele (sp?) and then Jason modified them to work since they are supposed to be for frameless cabinets. Oh, and poor Jason, having to deal w/ all us TKO people. He takes it in such stride. He is so great, I wish we could give GW Cabinet Maker of the Year Awards, LOL!

Oh, and I know you all are cooks, so anyone who brings a really good meal can come and see the kitchen. If you want to touch the island, you'll need to bring desert too ;)

Thanks enduring. And LOL!

One more pic, just for fun: real/photoshop. I think I came pretty darn close!
photoshop vs real

o

wow. "came close"?

I find that incredible.

A woman with a vision!

You should really do something with those two pics, have them printed and framed next to each other.

o

JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!

o

Looked at your blog. Perhaps you should seek professional help for your obsession with blue.

o

I think it is wonderful! I was worried it would be over the top with bright blue, but I think you used a very restrained amount/shade after all. I love the island top and am glad it is the dive of the room ;) I was worried if there were more blue, the counter would not be as noticeable.
It is a good thing you don't cook for real because those chandies would need a lot of cleaning. They are amazing and would look wonderful anywhere you put them.
Is the blue on the hood much darker than the blue that is with yellow in the other room? I am really digging the deeper color.

o

I saw Blue Bahia granite at a local supplier the other day. Wow, it's gorgeous! No wonder your island counter is so stunning. That book matched seam is amazing. Your fabricators did a great job.

o

What a fantastic job! Others have said it all already, so I'll just add it's been a real pleasure to "listen in" on this process going from planning to reality.

o

dianalo the blue is quite a bit darker in the kitchen. It's almost a navy, whereas the other is more a sky blue. Also, the one in the kitchen is painted so more even coverage while the one in the other rooms (great room, dining room) is stained.

The blue in the kitchen is the same as the blue used to paint the sunroom and the same as on the bookcases in the gathering room (the one w/ the marble fireplace)

o

Just gorgeous!!! I can't stop looking at the photos! Congratulations!

o

Absolutely gorgeous kitchen! Love the pantry door! May I ask where you found the door?

Thanks!

o

Congratulations Beagles!

I agree real life is even prettier than your plans! It goes without saying the blue granite is spectacular. My other love is the mirrored fridge and freezer. I remember that post, and all the practical people trying to dissuade you. It is so lovely.

Wishing you many lovely meals and memories in your new kitchen.

PS I had a petite chandelier in my old kitchen. Cleaning was not much more than any other chand.

o

My reaction to your kitchen? I shouted expletives in my head. LOL Great job!

o

Congratulations! Your kitchen and house is incredible! Hope you get to enjoy it soon!

o

lnia the pantry door was ordered online from Sans Soucie. They are wonderful. You can custom-design the door to your own style. They shipped it quickly and were very helpful and nice to talk to on the phone. Here's a picture of the design I did from their website since it's hard to make out the details of the door because of the reflection:
pantry

Thanks mtnrdredux. The mirrored doors are one of the things I love best too :) And good to hear that your chandie wasn't a major cleaning challenge!

NATEBEAR, I hope they were good expletives, LOL

and thanks michoumonster.

o

LOL Yes, I meant that as a compliment.

o

What style is this? I think we have found the new OTK.

o

OOO..congratulations! This is coming together to be an amazing kitchen. That first picture is just...wow. The big picture is incredible - and so are the fine details and little special features. Wow.

o

oceangirl67 I would call it French manor style. I'm not sure if that's a 100 percent accurate description, but that was my inspiration in my head that I was working towards...

Got a few more pics- inside of the cabinets this time. Although these will be more fun in a few months when there is actually stuff in all the inserts :)

Fridge/freezer drawers on end of island:
232323232%7Ffp73442%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3435339737345nu0mrj

Little utensil drawer above fridge/freezer drawers. Dutchwood raised by whole island by a few inches to accommodate so I could have my ice cream scoop and silverware above my ice-cream freezer :)
232323232%7Ffp635%3C5%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3435339735345nu0mrj

Pull-out recycling. There's a foot pedal for this cabinet:
232323232%7Ffp63592%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3435339734345nu0mrj

Another little utensil drawer:
232323232%7Ffp733%3C7%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3435339732345nu0mrj

Dishdrawer next to island sink:
232323232%7Ffp635%3C7%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353396%3C%3A345nu0mrj

Dish drawer next to marble sink. Also, paper towel and dish towel niche close up:
232323232%7Ffp63632%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353253%3B5345nu0mrj

Full dishwasher next to marble sink:
232323232%7Ffp63552%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353253%3B4345nu0mrj

Bread drawer and pantry storage boxes. These lift out so you can take the stored food/items with you:
232323232%7Ffp63574%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353396%3C8345nu0mrj

Pull-out next to cooktop:
232323232%7Ffp635%3C6%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353396%3C6345nu0mrj

Bottom drawer below cooktop to file pans:
232323232%7Ffp63633%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353396%3C5345nu0mrj

Top drawer below cooktop for pots:
232323232%7Ffp63554%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353396%3C4345nu0mrj

Cookie sheet drawer:
232323232%7Ffp635%3C%3A%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353396%3C2345nu0mrj

In drawer-knife block. Below it is my utensil tray w/ routed-out spaces for utensils like can opener, grater, spatula, etc. Everything in it's place :) It fits OXO utensils so they should also be able to be replaced in the same size should one ever become lost or broken:
232323232%7Ffp6356%3A%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353396%3B%3B345nu0mrj

Pull-out trash w/ cutting board above it. The trash can has a foot pedal. It is also possible to open the cabinet door on the side of the island to access trash so that it can be accessed from both front and side. The same is true for the recycling can:
232323232%7Ffp73445%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353253%3B9345nu0mrj

Bosch fridge/freezer:
232323232%7Ffp635%3C%3A%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353253%3B8345nu0mrj

Filing drawer for Pyrex:
232323232%7Ffp73462%3Enu%3D4464%3E2%3C3%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D34353253%3B7345nu0mrj

o

Gosh Beagles,

This is truly a magical place.
I feel as though your kitchen is Garden Web's kitchen.
Watching this journey unfold into the most maginificent space.
The ideas, the drawings, the visuals, the granite search,
the thoughts you had, the colors... but especially your
love for blue and of course beagles. You stuck to what
you love and it has turned out like your plans!

Congratulations and thank you for letting us peek into
Part 1.
Looking forward to Part 2.
~boxer

o

Well I must confess that I am not much of a "blue" gal, but that granite is spectacular!! Seriously!

The glass cabinets on the one wall... are they clear glass, or dark? They don't look clear. Maybe you've answered this, I didn't read the whole thread.

You have thought of everything regarding your storage needs. I am impressed with the job Dutch Wood did... fantastic!

o

WOW! I could dive into that granite countertop!! so stunning! i love your photoshop mock up!

o

I just realized I typo-ed the word "dive" when I meant to refer to your counter as a "diva". I think that really is the powerhouse star of the kitchen ;)
I am really digging the navy blue. As a non-blue person, I realize I have seen a few dark blues lately that have caught my eye. It is a color I wear but have not used in our house.
I wonder if it is becoming more popular or just on my radar lately. I have always gravitated to deeper colors for clothes and have been trying to shake it up a little and use richer colors for the house (which I have always done in lighter, mellow colors).
I love your utensil drawer with cutouts. I think that is a great way to keep it organized and easy to use. Accessing the garbage and recycling from 2 sides is also a great idea!

o

Beagles- It looks beautiful, can't believe you dreamed this all up yourself.I am anxiously awaiting my visit to Jason, just trying to figure out my countertop dilemma's.I didn't realize Bosh makes the built in frig/freezer.How was their price compared to subzero and the rest? happy with it so far?

o

Thanks boxerpups. I'm honored to have my kitchen referred to as Garden Web's kitchen :) I got so much help and reassurance here every step of the process!

mercymygft, the china cabinets have clear glass but the backs of them are painted blue. It makes them look dark, but we did put LED lights in those cabinets so once the dishes are in and the lights turned on, it should look very different.

dianalo I've seen a lot of blues lately too, it seems to be a big color right now (which I'm not happy about, I don't want my blue to become "so 2012," LOL!) You know I love all blues so I think you should definitely incorporate a deep blue in your house!

michelle16, bosch doesn't make the single door built in anymore, though they do still have a french door model. We got an absolute steal on this fridge since it was a discontinued floor model. I think we paid less than $4000 if I remember correctly! We don't have it plugged in yet so I don't know how it works, but I'm very happy with how it looks.

o

I'm in love with your counters - absolutely beautiful! Your whole kitchen is stunning (in fact your whole house). I love the blue and the chandeliers just bring everything over the top. Enjoy!

o

Stunning and gorgeous! Congrats!

o

Oh how did I miss this?! Especially as I've been waiting for it for months now -- man, I'm never going away on a business trip again!

This just totally takes my breath away. Wow, where do I start? That granite! That mural! That range hood! Those chandeliers (i want to touch them and not let go)! The corbels, the glass (wow), the appliques, the drawer details, the feet (cool!) ... oh who am I kidding, I love every single thing about it. You must be over the moon thrilled.

And is that a TV in the corner over the door? How clever!!

Okay, now where is the rest of your home, especially the gorgeous yellow stained bookcases that first showed me the possibilities of yellow stain and which were my inspiration for my cabs. Of all your gorgeous finishings I think I love those the most (okay, maybe after the fireplace and chandeliers and granite and ...). So where are they? We want to see!

o

I somehow missed this too. It's just stunning! That stone is incredible and the chandys give it just the right amount of bling. Well done beagles!!

o

Wow. I remember some of your posts about the different counter materials, etc. It is amazing how well everything fits with everything else. You had a true vision and it really turned out beautifully. Congratulations and enjoy!

o

taggie I just looked at your kitchen and it is gorgeous! I am so glad you started on the path to yellow stain!!!

We aren't moved into the house yet so I haven't posted "finished" pictures of anything really because we don't have any stuff in anything. I'm going to be putting dishes in the china cabinet this weekend, but we're not going to be officially moving in probably until some time in April because I'm spending the winter in Florida. Even when we move in, we probably won't have a fully furnished house for forever because I take FOREVER to find furniture and want primarily antiques or custom stuff, so it's going to be a long process, LOL

Anyway, long story short- here's a picture of the bookshelf but it is still not finished b/c there's no books!
232323232%7Ffp6354%3A-nu%3D4464-2-3-254-WSNRCG%3D3434%3A2-4%3A2345nu0mrj

library ladder bookcase

o

Wow, that island is amazing. I love all the blue touches, especially the range hood. I really like the filing drawers for pans and pyrex.

o

Can you tell me what color your range hood is? Prill

o

prill it is a custom-color. We had it color matched to a tiny piece of blue bahia granite we had. I will see if i can find the formula for the paint, but I don't know if I have it any more.

o

Thanks Beagles - no problem if you can't. Hope the walk through went well today.

o

OK, this is ridiculous: even the label on the inside of your dishwasher matches?! How did you _do_ that?

Beagles - I know it's all been said above, but I just have to throw myself superfluously on the (beagle-)pile: it's beautiful. It's more beautiful than the renderings, even. The blue is not overpowering (as several of us feared). It is wonderful.

Honestly, someone as obsessed with detail and beauty as you, must have a hand at learning to cook. You would love it. You have the perfect milieu for it of course. And it would feed so many desires to see things link up and fit in. I say, make it be your designing-desert present to yourself. You've fashioned the most gorgeous kitchen west of Marie Antoinette's, now outfit it with food to match.

How did the dog washing station come out?

o

I LOVE it!!!!!! Absolutely perfect in every way!!

o

LOL aliris19 I never even noticed the dishwasher label but you are right, it does match! How cool. I am going to pretend I planned that.

I have tried to cook before and it didn't go well. I get really bored and I just wander away and leave the oven on or the pan on and burn things. It's just not in me I am afraid. My mom was a wonderful cook too, I guess I did not get that gene.

The dog washing station came out awesome. I'm going to a post a separate thread w/ pictures of the whole house but here's a few:
2012-02-20 13.05.28

2012-02-20 13.05.09

o

OK, now that is so totally cool -- walk out and up steps into the geriatric-tub model for dogs. Did you design that or is it commercial -- it looks like the people version I've seen fashioned from plastic.

Beagles, I bet you've got a second career right there in that nook. I bet there are more of you out there needing/wanting that space for their pets.

Hmmmm about the cooking thing. You have such deep, concentrated interest in the details of what you choose to do, I'm still thinking you should start again with a boiled egg just for the completeness of it all. It's just aesthetically, um, incomplete to see you design such a beautiful paean to cooking and then just drop it at the last second. I want to see you come to triumph *in* the thing which you've designed so exquisitely ... course that's just me reflecting my own compulsion for completion, I know.

Still ... that was then. When this is all over and no one's looking -- give it a whirl? Please? Either that or hang out a shingle as a pet-lover's designer!

o

aliris19 it is a professional stainless steel tub from pro groom without the legs and with a custom color on the front. Then, I had them build it into the wall, but a layer of something (mud and waterproof drywall?) behind it and tile with the dog pictures. Dutch Wood did the steps of course, and the built- in space for the dog crates. The dog chandelier I commissioned from an artist on etsy. I even found beagle knobs and dog hooks for the room. That room was so fun to do! I would love to become a pet designer but not sure how to go about getting that started :)

Ok. The cooking thing. Here's what I will do. I love crepes and there's only one crepe place where we live and it is open odd hours. So, I bought a crepe maker and when I move into the house, I will prepare crepes in the kitchen. Doesn't that seem a fitting thing to prepare? And not too many ingredients so I hope I won't mess it up! (How's that, does that work)?

o

perfect. Yup, it works! Then challenge yourself to the next thing, say, omelettes - sort of the same but different. You can skip the boiled-egg stage! ;)

Well done.

Pet designer ... no idea how that's done but I think you've got some good inspiration pics for your clients to get started!

BTW, I think crepes is as challenging to make as anything. Which is to say not so much, yet tricky ... if you can do that (and absolutely you can) surely you can do anything! Kinda sorta...

o

This is One Amazing Kitchen!

But most fun is reading how you - and everyone else who post their finished pictures - just exudes such pride and joy over their finished creations...brings out that kid in all of us.

Once again, I learn something too, whether it is practical questions to ask or material to use. Your finished project inspires me to go with a vision - whatever it is.

AND - it looks like a very practical kitchen ready for an army of cooks to make sweet memories!

Thanks for sharing.

o

My 8 year old daughter was peeping over my shoulder and saw your kitchen. She said "oh! I should put on my pretty dresses and twirl in that kitchen!" I agree, it is very very lovely, and if you don't cook much, then you still have the option to twirl!

The mineral that colors the Bahia blue granite is sodalite, and sodalite blue has always been my favorite color. So I was pleased to see that sodalite blue is one of the chosen Pantone colors this year! Hopefully that means seeing more of it around!

o

Beagles, your kitchen is just stunning, I took a look at your blog and the entire house is just breathtaking! It looks to have such a unique floorplan! Do you have the floorplan pictured anywhere? I would love to see it!

And, on another note, call me "out of it" but I am in love with your closet, and I have tried for the life of me to figure out what the tower of lazy suzans will used for and I just can't hold back any longer! What are they going to house??? Handbags?

And, one more question, if you don't mind, where did you get your bread drawer inserts, and do you know the dimensions of the drawer?

Thanks so much, and CONGRATULATIONS!!

o

LOL kiki_thinking I think I can get the twirling down and wil have a lot more fun doing that in my kitchen. I was practically twirling around the whole house when I was there the other day for the first time since everything was uncovered!

susied3 here is an early version of the floor plan. This does not have the upstairs laundry room, the master laundry closet, or the dog room on it. the kitchen/gathering room and master bath area are also different as well, but this gives a basic idea of where all the rooms go:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The one lazy susan in my closet will hold shoes, and the other purses.

And the bread inserts were made by Dutch Wood (the little boxes on the side of the bread drawer lift out) and the drawer is 36 x 25.

Hope that helps :)

o

Wow Beagles! I think I missed this! Stunning. That blue bahia is to die for! I love everything in your kitchen. You have so many interesting elements and it came together so nicely! Hope you are enjoying it.

o

So, beagles: how did the crepes come out? Have you put your mind yet to gourmet cookery? Omelette? (which to me is about as good as life gets anyway, with the added advantage of using up leftovers).

I came here thinking I honestly had missed your reveal. Imagine my surprise to encounter a whole exchange here about your house. I still love the shade of blue; it's very elegant. Almost PA dutch-shade, but a little duskier.

o

A great kitchen, one I am happy to see again and again, noticing new details. What is the backsplash, please? I'm sorry if you've answered this already!

o

I could look at this kitchen every day! The details are amazing and make the functionality look so perfect. Has there been more pics of the house?? Would love them Beagles-- me and MY Beagle named Lucky would love them :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here