Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2 Little Fishies: How are you liking your yellow cabinets?

Posted by laughable (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 23:06

It's probably way too soon to tell durability, but I'm pretty sure you have little ones at home, so I'm wondering how are the new cabs doing in terms of a worry free finish?

We're trying to narrow down our cabinet choices, and I'm having a difficult time reconciling my love for light painted cabinets with a big busy family that makes our lousy white painted oak always look icky. DH is eager to get started making them while home during his slow season and I need to make a decision!

I'd appreciate it so much if you could fill me in on how your pretty cabinets are doing. Thanks! : )

-Amy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2 Little Fishies: How are you liking your yellow cabinets?

Hi Amy!
I only have a second b/c we are going out soon...
BUT, I love my yellow cabs! I also still love my white uppers and island so far. I would think a big part of it is that my cabinet makers does a really lovely finish. He sprayed with a catalzyed lacquer and then a satin clear coat so they are very easy to wipe off : ) The kids are pretty neat actually but even still I would say to check on the type of finish put on to make your decision.

HTH-
Fishies

o

I was looking for your finished kitchen pictures yesterday. Have you posted them yet?

o

No, not yet but coming soon!

o

Wow, that finish sounds fantastic. I'm glad that they are as easy to take care of as they are beautiful.

Thanks for anwering my question. : )

Looking forward to the reveal...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here