Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with light fixture!!

Posted by tricia257 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 23:05

I have posted a before photo of my kitchen. The light is in the current brass ceiling fan is in the center of the ceiling.
I have a small kitchen, 8' ceiling so choices are limited.

Here's what I now for sure. I have to have ceiling fan. The kitchen is always so much hotter than the rest of the house.

Here's where I need help. I am putting in a kitchen with white uppers and dark cherry base cabs and s steel appliances. Because of the (to me) odd location of the fan I don't want to call attenton to it. I have ordered a brushed nickel hugger fan with white blades.

What light fixture with it???? Or no light?? Can i get away with only can lights?

Because o the stupid small window I have to have a light on in the kitchen all day .

The bowl light I have now feels so dated and since I don't want to call attention to the light I'mnot sure what to do .

Thanks for the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with light fixture!!

We're doing white uppers and dark base cabs, too. :) Would you be interested in something like this?

http://www.dwr.com/product/ball-fan-with-halogen-light.do?sortby=ourPicks#.UR21OKVxUTY

o
RE: Help with light fixture!!

I was considering something like that for a while. Minka aire has a hugger concept traditionalDo you have this installed yet? My fear was that if the ceiling fan light points down I might as well just stick to the can lights.

Right now I have the fan light on all day and its nicer during the day somehow than the can as the light washes the ceiling and seems very even in the room. Thoughts???

Thanks for the url for the website, btw. I hadn't seen this one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here