Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quality of RH cabinet hardware

Posted by kgolby (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 23:01

Anyone purchase hardware from RH? How's the quality? I've been over to the decorating forum & most aren't high on RH. Saying its over priced & not very well made (mostly furniture & decor pieces were referenced). I've been searching for cabinet hardware & keep going back to the Asbury collection at RH. Really like it. Also, is $13 for 1.25" knobs & pulls starting @ $15 expensive? It is to me but I haven't shopped for hardware before so my expectations may be unreasonable. I could see myself biting the bullet & purchase them anyway if quality is good. Thanks!

This post was edited by kgolby on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 23:11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quality of RH cabinet hardware

I just received RH polished nickel sconces and, while I have not installed them, I can tell you they feel heavy and look very well made. Definitely sign up for their e-mail list because they have sales all the time.

o

Here's a thread from about a year ago on the topic where you'll see my comments about my RH Aubrey polished nickel pulls. Mine are very high quality, on par or better than all of my other pull samples (I had quite a few as we reno'd the whole house). I'm very pleased with them and am so glad I fought DH who didn't like them at first. I have many, many drawers, including those in the DR, so I waited for a big friends and family sale to order saving me hundreds of dollars.

Here is a link that might be useful: RH hardware thread

o

brooksms,

Thanks for the email suggestion. Good idea! Glad to hear you are happy w/ quality so far. :)

o

It has only been a couple of months but I love my RH GILMORE pulls : )
They feel great- substantial.

o

breezygirl,

Is the sale you are referencing happen only once a year or certain times of the year? Glad to hear you are happy too. My husband thought I was crazy when I told him the prices of the knobs & pulls. That was my first mistake...ha!ha!

o

2littlefishies,

Gilmore collection is really nice too! And it's on sale. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here