Return to the Kitchens Forum

o
New To Kitchens? Posting Pics? Read Me! [Help keep on Page 1]

Posted by buehl (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 23:00

Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you may find the following information and links helpful.

The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)/Articles pages contain helpful information about how to navigate this site as well as the world of kitchen renovations.

The Kitchen Forum Acronyms will help you understand some of the acronyms used frequently in posts.

The Finished Kitchens Blog has pictures and information about many GW members' finished kitchens. Not only can you see them alphabetically, but you can also use the "Find-A-Kitchen" function to utilize several search options if you're looking for specific things like a kitchen w/a Beverage Center or a kitchen w/a mix of dark and light cabinets. Access "Find-A-Kitchen" via the via the menu bar at the top of any FKB page. Additionally, "Find-A-Kitchen" contains a link to "In-Progress Kitchens" for those members' kitchens that are not quite ready for the FKB. There is also a link to "Coming Soon Kitchens" for those kitchens that are ready for the FKB but have not yet been added. To access the "In-Progress Kitchens", the "Coming Soon Kitchens", and the "FKB Categories", see the links on the menu bar at the top of any FKB page.

The Appliances Forum is very useful when you have questions specific to appliances.

To start off the kitchen remodel process...take the Sweeby Test. Then, move on to Beginning a Kitchen Plan.

Other topics such as layouts, planning for storage, and stone materials are discussed in later topics in this thread. Even more information can be found by doing a search on the forum.

Tips:

• Before posting a question, please search the forum. There's a very good chance someone has already asked the question.

• When using the "search" function, be sure to use the search box on the bottom of the page, not the top!

• Note, however, that you will probably have better luck searching if you use Google (or similar search engine) than if you use the Forum search function. When using Google, to limit your results to Garden Web, include the following in your search criteria: ***site:ths.gardenweb.com

• In the Subject, the site changes the double quote used as the inches indicator (") to a single quote ('). We don't know why. To compensate, use two single quotes and it will appear as a double quote in the Subject. Luckily, the double quote works in the message box.

• When composing a new thread, you have a couple of options:

• Have replies emailed to you: check the box offering this option. However, you must have "Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site." box checked in your profile for this to work (see the "Your Profile" link at the very top of the page) [See the post later in this thread with the Subject: Getting Emails Sent To You...3-step Process]

• Insert a link: When you "preview" your message, you will be provided with two boxes for a link...one is for the link itself and the second is for the name or description of the link.

• New! A new function was recently added, you can now edit a post that you've submitted. So, if you discover a typo or realize you made a mistake, select the "Edit Post" link in the upper right corner of the post under the "Clippings" section. One thing, it's good etiquette to add a comment as to what you changed. (No, it's not required.)

• When using the "Clip this post" option (far upper right corner of each post, small print), remember that only the current post is clipped, not the entire thread. Also, you are allowed a maximum of 50 clippings. Once you reach this max, you will no longer be able to clip or email posts.

How are the home page and the Forum organized? (based on the Kitchen Forum's FAQs entries)

• The Kitchens Forum home page lists 30 thread titles, starting with those that don't yet have a response. After the unanswered threads, threads are listed in order of most recent response. That first page displays the last 2 hours or so of activity. (If there is no response to a thread in an hour or two, the unanswered thread usually starts to drop.)
  • Below the thread list are page numbers 1-67 for the total 67 pages of threads available -- capturing maybe 2 months or so of threads, less when the Forum is busy.
  • Below that (and at the top of the thread list as well) is a space for you to switch to the Conversations or Gallery "sides" - these are set up similarly but are not nearly as active.
  • Next down is a Search box -- very important! This is also the Search box you should use (not the one at the top of the page.)
    • Always refresh the page two or three times b/f assuming a thread has disappeared right after starting it.
    • As to searching...a thread will not be found doing a GW search for up to 24 hours after it has been started. This may seem too technical, but...searches are done against what are known as "indexes". Indexes use key fields/words to find things. iVillage only indexes threads once a day. So, that means that until your thread is "indexed", it won't show up in a search. If you start a thread just before the index is taken, you will be able to retrieve your thread by searching soon after creation. If, however, you start your thread right after the daily index, then you will have to wait almost 24 hours for the next index.

• Next is a place for you to start a new thread. And finally there are some instructions and links at the bottom.

Kitchen Forum "Sides"

Discussions: This is the "side" you are on. It is for on-topic discussions concerning kitchens...renovations, use of, etc.

Conversations: This is the "side" where you can post off topic threads such as regional get-togethers and non-kitchen subjects.

Gallery: This is the "side" where members often post pictures...especially if you're posting a lot or a finished kitchen. (Note: This is where StarPooh, our FKB person, wants you to post your finished kitchen prior to having it added to the FKB.)

Again, welcome and good luck! The journey is wild, sometimes bumpy, but fun and very rewarding in the end!

Note: The links in this Read Me thread have been updated to reflect the new Finished Kitchens Blog (thank you StarPooh!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
How THIS thread is organized

To make this thread more readable and to make it easier to find a specific topic, I have created separate threads for each topic and just point/link to them from here.

We will continue to bump this thread, but not the other threads I created. Please, do not bump the "subject" threads I will be linking to from here. We do not want to flood the first page with all those threads. To do so would knock threads from members asking for help, etc. off the first page and would be counter-productive!

o
Posting a Link

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg010437444278.html

Note that the topic in the link above describes how to post multiple links in a thread as well as describes how to use the GW "link" function. The GW "link" function is fine if you only have one link to post. However, if you have multiple links to post, the topic above will tell you how to do that as well.

o
Posting Pictures

Please click below to see the "Posting Pictures" topic:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0213484417254.html

Note that the topic in the link above describes how to post multiple pictures in a thread and does not use the GW "image" function. The GW "image" function is limited and in most cases is insufficient for our use.

o
Layout Help

The following thread contains the information we need to help you find a layout that works for you and your family as well as how to draw up and label a floor plan.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg010521247761.html

What are zones and how do you design with them in mind?

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0508230128712.html

A piece of advice:

When you post a layout for comments, please do not take the comments you receive personally. Everyone here is trying to help, not criticize maliciously. We want you to have a kitchen that, in the end, functions wonderfully well and looks nice overall. This may mean that some of us may tear apart your layout and rebuild it to what we think will work better, but it's done with good intentions. We're not the best at just "validating" someones layout, we're best at critiquing!

I will warn you that most of us here are "function over form" (or "function first")...meaning we strive first for a functional layout and then fit the form or look around it. It is far easier to make a functional kitchen look nice than it is to make a nice looking but dysfunctional kitchen functional. So, if you are a form/looks over function person, be sure to state that when you post.

Some people here think "function over form" means that we want all kitchens to look the same....not true! What we do want is all kitchens to function well...which means that in 99% of the cases, the workflow is the same...so that will mean some similarities due to workflow. However, as each kitchen is unique, each will have its own unique quirks, etc.

In the end, remember this is your kitchen. You don't have to make any of the recommended changes if you don't want to!

[Note: If you're just posting for validation of your layout (i.e., you don't want comments that suggest changes), state that as well. If you don't, people will comment on it!

Warning: People may comment anyway, it's tough to let a kitchen go that you think is dysfunctional and will cause angst later...especially if it's not yet installed and we think we can help. Bear with us, we're just trying to help!]

o
The Next Step...Planning For Storage

Please click the link below to find out more about planning your storage, including where items are commonly stored.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg010523449014.html

o
Getting Emails Sent To You...3-step Process

Please click the link below to find out what to do to get follow-up posts emailed to you for a thread - either as the original poster or as someone who is "following" a thread.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0105243228880.html

o
Miscellaneous Information

Some information that may be of interest to you:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0105344116836.html

• Links from the "Read Me" thread
  • Pantries
  • Useful Information (NKBA links, Other Forums)
  • Helpful Threads (a myriad of past & present threads containing useful/helpful information)
  • Tile Information.
  • Stone Information (how to shop/test/install stone counters, how to remove stains)
  • Cleaning Your Kitchen
  • Custom Cabinetmaker Sample Agreement

•  o
    Bookmarking & Saving Threads

Bookmarking threads so you can find them later or saving them so you have them (and associated pictures) ''forever''

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0105292031876.html

Note: As of Summer 2012, iVillage changed the thread lists & history functionality so that old threads can be resurrected. However, once a thread falls off of page 67, you will still need the URL of that thread to bring it back up. What has changed is that now if you bump the thread, it will re-appear in the list of threads.

While this may be useful for some, it does have the potential for pushing newer threads with more recent information and those asking for help off the first few pages faster. I would like to ask everyone to use discretion in resurrecting old threads. Yes, some have a lot of useful information, but I would like to suggest we create a "Library" of such threads as part of the FAQ rather than bringing them back to the thread list.

o
    Eliminating Those Pesky Inline Links in Messages (Advertisements)

o
    How to Seal Your Stone

Steps to sealing a stone surface, if it needs it.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0105254810134.html

o
    Gel Stain Instructions

o
    RE: New To Kitchens? Posting Pics? Read Me! [Help keep on Page

Bump!

What fun thing shall we do with this thread?

o

Maybe we should go back to breezy's musical bumps?

I cannot recall if I posted this one before.... but it involves kitchens! (And makes me cry....)

Here is a link that might be useful: Henry Girls

o

bump

o

Yes, Angie great idea.

Early bump

Here is a link that might be useful: Alison Krauss down to the river to pray

o

I love this medley. I love all of her stuff!

Here is a link that might be useful: Natalie MacMaster

o

bump

o

Love the dancing music Angie.

Bump

o

Bump!

o

Ack! What happened to our familiar scheme??

o

Well, at least the colors of the headers is better now....

o

Bumpazoid

o

bump

o

The Commodores

Here is a link that might be useful: This is totally appropriate

o

Bump

o

Bumpity

o

OK.
    My Turn.
    Link is below

Here is a link that might be useful: Click Here

o

Bump

o

bump

o

bump

o

bump

o

bump off of pg. 3!

o

bump

o

bump

o

bump

o

bump

o

bump

o

bump

o

bump

o

bump

o

bump

o

bump*15

o

bump

o

bump

o

Bump

o

bump

o

Angie, you're a good egg ! You are maintaining the bumping almost single-handedly.
    : )

o

Thanks, angela! Now it is STILL an all-angela production!

I think 19 in a row might be a record for me. I hope the other regular bumpers are not unwell!

o

bump

o

o

Hello!

Bump!

This post was edited by enduring on Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 0:52

o

Hey, enduring! How are you?

o

ba-da-bing, ba-da-bump

o

bump

o

Bump

o

Bump

o

Bump! off of pg 2.

Angie this is for you-a sneak peak:

photo IMG_3790_zps6fb28964.jpg

Installing grab bars tonight and still waiting for the extra crown rail I need to finish the wainscot. I need to finish a few other trim pieces around the backsplash too. This sink project is almost done. It is not perfect and is a patched together job, using remnant soapstone. I had to epoxy the backsplash to the sink, so there is a noticeable seam. BUT I DON"T EVEN CARE, I AM JUST SO HAPPY IT TURNED OUT IN ONE PIECE! It is beautiful IMHO ;) (I'm not so humble today)

o

Bump

o

Oh, enduring. Thank you for the sneak peek. Your latest creation is truly lovely! You have more than earned that Courage medallion!! That is a sweet little unit. I am in awe (AND feeling covetous!).

o

My medallion is worth a million, thanks Angie

Bump

o

bump

o

bump

o

Bump. (You are very sweet enduring.)

Oh, ironically, I just saw the movie trailer for the upcoming Disney movie "Oz," which purports to explain how the wizard got to Oz.

o

Bump

o

Enduring - WOW!

o

Get off of pg. 3!!

o

bimp

o

bump

o

Bump

o

Bump

o

Bump

o

Bump off of pg. 3!

o

bump

o

bump

o

Bumpity

o

Rainy Saturday bump

o

Get off of page FOUR, you naughty thread!

o

bump

o

Bump

o

I'll play: Bump!!
    Can't the administrator put a sticky in this thread?

o

Bump

o

Bump

o

bump

o

bump

o

Enduring!! Schnikes! That vanity is AMAZING!! Wow! I hope you post the whole room when done so we can admire it.

Another rainy day bump!

o

Thanks Breezy :) I do plan to post the project on the BR forum when I get done. Probably in a month. I am still working on the door refinishing and window treatment search.

Bumpit

o

Bumpity bump.

o

Bump. It's too early in the day to be on pg 2.

o

Bump.

o

Bump please.

o

Bump again.

o

Bumpity bump! This is a stubborn thread. It keeps slipping to pg 2.

o

Enduring--I'm looking forward to seeing it done. I rarely venture over to bathrooms anymore since we moved back to the house after the major reno. The master bath addition is far from done so I think I'm subconsciously avoiding the bathroom forum so I don't have to face the fact that I have soooooo many decisions left to make on mine. Very mature, I know. :) And it's been 15 months of that maturity.

o

Time is relative Breezy, its ok if you take 3 years :) I laughingly tell others that it has taken me a year to do this bathroom. On the other hand, I'd never done anything like this; I had so few references. It helped to not speed along. When I'd run into a conundrum I'd inquire, then pause to determine the best solution. There were several times that I thanked my lucky stars that I didn't follow the first advise I'd gotten, instead thinking about it for a few weeks.

Besides Breezy you've had a lot going on in your life over the past year. That internal spiritual remodel is much more important to mind.

o

Bump.

o

Here we go again. Bump!

o

Saturday bump.

o

Why can this thread not be a Sticky!?

o

I don't know why this has not become a sticky. It is an immensely helpful gathering of information for anyone remodeling a kitchen!!

o

bump (First since Wed. for me!!) Thanks all!

o

Enduring,
    DH is starting to pressure me to make decisions on the MB again. I had finally cleared my head and psyche from the extreme stress of GCing a year long reno and was ready to start looking for tile both for the MB and for the kitchen bs last spring when my Dad got sick. Now, 10 months after his death, I'm beginning to feel like I might be ready to tile shop. I'd like to have a bs in the kitchen now and I think I was stuck on tile decisions which would drives the vanity wood/color for the MB when I left off actively reno'ing. Any type of tile I'm interested in means a road trip. Another mental stumbling block.

Did you DIY the whole bathroom? It seems like you had a definite vision for the room. I'm challenged in that regard. Yours is lovely.

Please let us know when you're done and post the final reveal.

o

Breezy, this is going to be long. Didn’t intend for this to happen, but it did. It’s almost a chapter book☺ Maybe this will be my draft for my BR reveal.

Can you turn your road trip into an overnighter, spending a night at a hotel or at a relative's house? I love to travel alone. Not everyone’s favorite, but it's something I have always treasured. I can just imagine wandering around all day (or 2) looking for tile. Last fall I was at a conference in downtown Seattle and got to stop in the Ann Sacks shop. I really wanted some tile! But I couldn't afford "none of it"! There was this sweet bird motif that I would have killed for. I would have framed it. But just one section was $500 I think. I also saw this very nice trifold mirror by Kallista, WAY too expensive and maybe not quite the fit I wanted anyway. I already had my scones placed. But I had so much fun. When I'm with others I just get slowed down.

My vision I wanted to blend this bathroom with the kitchen I had done in the summer of 2011. I wanted a nice area for guest to use when visiting. Our other BR is at the other end of the house so not a great choice for guest. I wanted something soothing and “lovely”. I wanted some luxurious aspects to the room too. Overall, with the kitchen and with the BR, there was this theme I had in mind to keep the style of the original build. My Bathroom is a shed roof constructed addition, built on to the house in 1930 or so, when the house got moved from town to the farm. It’s a tiny house. The BR walls still had the original plaster embossed 4x4 tile look wainscot that the plasterer did. So I wanted to keep that style - but make it real tile. I realize having the bathroom off of the kitchen is not a desirable location and I could have closed the door and created a new one on the porch, but I chose to keep the original door location. My sister was surprised. I was originally going to take out the tub and put my W/D in there, but my DS was so sentimental about the room and taking baths there when a (dirty) little guy, that I kept the tub in the plans, scratching the W/D. I wanted to keep the BR looking somewhat similar in cabinet make and style as the kitchen, except painted cabinetry. I had in mind who I wanted to make my cabinets too. I saw some of his work and was impressed. And finally, I wanted to make more soapstone counters ☺ which ended up turning into a sink because I could be assured of a larger sink to fit my constraint of 18” depth vanity.

So my vision didn't evolve in isolation. I took into account the history of the farm, house, family, function, friends, local craftspeople, and my design.

Function There were functional issues I wanted to improve upon, and some functional aspects I wanted to keep. I wanted to move the toilet out from behind the door so that the door didn’t bang into the rim each time it was opened. I was surprised that the toilet tolerated this. I wanted a somewhat accessible bathroom in case a wheel chair or walker was in the future. I planned the layout to meet ideal spacing for the most part. That was why I needed the 18” deep vanity and the round bowl toilet that I chose. I selected the tub to be low enough to get dogs and kids in and out of. Storage was a premium and I added roll out shelving and a pull out upper, in a small tower. These new cabinets replicate what was already there, but are new and with more style and function. I may not be able to cram as much junk into the cabinets with the roll outs, but what is there is accessible. I don’t need all that extra stuff anyway. I drew multiple floor plans, measuring everything to be sure the small space could work with my vision. Once I found my measurements I could start the selection of elements to fill the room.

The room was totally gutted down to the studs. All the electrical replaced and all the plumbing taken out and replaced. I kept the flooring and subflooring because the wood was in such good shape and it was probably old growth timber, nice tight grain. Can't beat that. We added 2x8 joist (DH did :) to strengthen the floor for stone tile. I prepped the floor for the self leveling compound to a T as instructed by Bill V.

To add the element of luxury, I put in radiant floor heating. I used a high end tub filler with shower wand, and matching high end wall mounted faucet. There is LED lighting under the vanity shelf and behind the mirror for night lighting. I used a marble listello to give some style to the wainscot. And of course my SS sink with the wonderfully lovely vanity base that Brett made for me. Oh, I can’t forget that I put in the slate floor in a herringbone pattern to add another style element. Remembering how Angie DIY cut all her tiles for her kitchen, I cut my 12x12 tiles down for herringbone. Thanks to Mongo for helping me on the layout and the tile cutting equation.

DIY Regarding your question about DIY; the answer is yes, except for the plumbing and the electrical. All of the heavy stuff got delegated to DH and DS, with me being the boss :) Of course if something needed problem solving DH stepped up and helped me. Although he did not help me with the grunting, I mean grouting. He just stayed in his office and periodically asked if I was ok. He has farmed all his life and in a previous life was an aerospace engineer out of college as well as a stint in the army. I used the remodel forum a lot to figure out how to drywall, lay the ditra, skim coat the drywall. Brickeyee helped a lot with that one. Mongo and Bill V. helped with the tiling. Mongo really explains things well, beyond tile. Gosh, I wish I could hire someone like him. I went over Stacyneil’s thread about self leveling compound with a fine toothed comb. The JB forum was a lot of help too! One benefit of taking a year, is that it gave me time to really think about things before committing to them. Since I have never done this before it was so helpful to have the time to learn.

o

enduring, lovely vanity!!! can't wait to see more.

I haven't bumped this up in a LONG time!

Sorry...

o

Enduring, thanks for that nice write-up! Your guests will be very happy with that Guest Bathroom!

o

bump!

o

Thanks Angie and Bee for the nice words. Hope your Tuesday is a good one.

Bump

To get back on topic:
    Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughan, Robert Cray - Sweet Home Chicago - 1990

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Home Chicago 1990

o

Bump!

o

Bump

o

Enduring--I just saw this and will come back to enjoy your description later when I'm not getting kids on the bus. :)

o

Bump

o

bump

o

Thanx Breezy for referring me back here for the storage & zone planning diagram.

And thanx for keeping all this great information together Buehl!

o

Bump!

o

Hey, bumpers!

I am going on vacation, starting tomorrow, for a week. I won't be available for "bumping duty." ;-)

Have fun without me!
    A_D

o

Just bumping one last (?) time. Here is a repeat of my message above:

Hey, bumpers!
    I am going on vacation, starting tomorrow, for a week. I won't be available for "bumping duty." ;-)

Have fun without me!
    A_D

o

Have a great vacay, Angie!

Bump

o

Angie, safe journey and hope you feel rejuvenated upon your return! Take pictures:)

Bump.

o

Bumping as I write a post on my backsplash thread.

o

bump and good night.

o

Another backsplash-post-writing bump!

o

bump

o

bump

o

Rainy, dreary bump.

o

Rumpity bumpity.

o

bumpo

o

I can't find this thread on any of the recent pages? But the last post isn't that old?
    Bump

o

Bumpity bump please.

o

Please bump and go to pg 1.

o

Bump!

o

Enduring,

I could possibly take an overnight road trip to look at tile, but it's complicated with the kids and DH's schedule. DH works a lot and has many out of town business trips. Finding a time when DH is home and I don't have kid commitments is difficult right now! I've never left my 3-year old overnight either, and she's having a peak in separation anxiety right now. We'll have to deal with that situation soon, however, as DH and I are going to Hawaii next month without the kids. (I should have put an exclamation point on that, but I'm starting to be anxious over leaving the kids.)

The Ann Sachs store is on my list. :)

I really enjoyed the "book" on your bathroom. :) I seem to end up writing books frequently around here. The thought you put into the function of the space shows. The room is definitely an aesthetic nod to your lovely kitchen. When its done, the sense of satisfaction will last a goodly while, I'm sure. Having accomplished all of that as a DIY job is amazing to me. I've never felt brave enough to tackle drywall compound and leveling compound. You go!!

I keep going back to enjoy that amazing vanity. It's truly very special. Remember, I want to know when it's done so I can ogle more!

o

Hi Breezy, Thank you so much! Right now I am on a self imposed spiritual retreat at a small place about 2 hours from my home in central Iowa. It is run by a group of nuns, I'm not catholic. They are the best. Their home place is in Wisconsin. Their order is "Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration" Isn't that a great name!!! They are all into nature and ecology. I am at a hermitage right now. I am supposed to be meditating ;) But I'm on GW. Isn't that pathetic. I have to do my GW in the main conference building as my "hermitage" is all solar powered and without reg electricity. It has 12volt plugs like a trailer I guess.

Now about your overnight, it can be done. Do you have support in this endeavor? If you don't have other's support, than maybe skip it. But if it is just you causing the discomfort then you can do it. You'll just need Angie's "Badge of Courage", like the one she gave me. I'm sure she has a copy.

Feelings are generated from thought. Can you re-phrase your thinking about leaving, into more hopeful thought? For me, I begin with determining how I want to feel about an issue. Than work at internal language that supports those presumably hopeful and confident feelings. For your situation they could be:
    1) What you said above, it could be a good trial separation for the big trip.
    2) This trip is for the family, in your bid for leaving the presidency of the ABB club.
    3) I am not abandoning my loved ones, just off working for the cause.
    4) This will be a time to help me clear my thoughts and preconceptions about backsplashes, etc :)
    5) Etc, etc, etc
    6) This is excellent role modeling for the kids.

Edited to abbreviate the post, I was sounding hokey. Trust me, if you think the above already sounds hokey, I'm hoping you didn't see the first post :)

This post was edited by enduring on Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 20:25

o

bump

o

~bump~

o

Bump (I'm baaaack!)

o

Great, I'm exhausted!!!

o

Welcome back Angie. Hope it was a good time away.
    Bump.

o

Snowy bump on Palm Sunday.

o

Snowy here in Iowa too. This morning at 7am it was the most beautiful peaceful day, with the branches all covered:)

Bump

o

~bump~

Predicting snow here (3 to 5 inches)...but based on their track record this season, I doubt we'll have even a dusting! We had a very disappointing winter! (DC/Baltimore area)

o

Buehl, we had a very disappointing winter, too, but for a different reason. It never ended! ;-)

o

Quick bump while the sun is peeking through the cold clouds. Spring will surely come one day.

o
    Special ATTN buehl--re: new to kitchens? posting pics? read me!

Bump.

***Attention Buehl***----- I emailed the GW Staff to ask if it would be possible to add ALL your wonderful compiled info to the Sticky. They emailed me back saying they want you to contact the manager and they would be happy to update the Sticky. (You probably have an email from them in your mail.) Thank you Buehl for all your work!! I know I have saved this thread and referred to it several times. You are a jewel!

o

late-night bump.

o

Get off of Pg. 3!!

o

Bump.

If any of you have Buehl's contact information, would you please ask her to contact the Gardenweb Staff. They said they would update the sticky with this additional info if she contacts them. They also said they emailed her but she must not have read it yet. Thanks.

o

Hustle. Get it? The Bump.....The Hustle. I think most of us bumping all old enough to remember those dances. :)

o

Bump!

o

bump-ity

o

bump-ity

o

Sprinkler.

It's a dance, too. ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
    • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
    • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
    • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
    • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
    • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
    • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
    • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here