Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help With Kitchen Layout & Appliances! :)

Posted by klewis8 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 22:55

I'm a little lost on where to start with this kitchen and how I can make this space really work for me. Please give any thoughts or suggestions.

A few things:

- I do not want an island cooktop. A range will be placed on the wall closest to the living room. I don't want an opening from that wall either, just solid wall for range and other appliances. But is that wall too small?
- Are wall ovens better than a range? Or is it better to have both? If so, where should the wall set up go in this kitchen?
- Where should I place a beverage/wine cooler?
- I love the look of glass door cabinets, any pros or cons aside from the upkeep to keep the dishes tidy?
- I love large windows in kitchens, would I mess things up if I make the sink wall mostly windows?

As you can see I need some direction. I will post the plan and inspiration pictures too for review. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help With Kitchen Layout & Appliances! :)

Love the windows and feel of this kitchen:

o

And another:

o

By far, this is my absolute favorite kitchen, which is the layout I am trying to mimic in a smaller space with 3 clustered windows:

o

Range side:

o

Open to nook:

o

Trying the first again:

o

Read the new to kitchens thread posted by buehl. Amount many others things it will tell you how to post mulitiple photos in one post.

o

Thanks @debrak will do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here