Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tricia257_gw

Please help me choose a faucet

tricia257
11 years ago

I would appreciate any opinions or feedback from owners regarding the following three faucets.

I am doing a traditional (but not stuffy, hopefully with an edge to it) but not kitchen with white and dark cherry cabinets. I need a smaller scale faucet as my sink (kohler farmhouse) is below a window that is flanked by upper cabinets 33' inches apart.

I would be choosing nickel or steel.

1. Jado Victorian

2. Danze Opulence

3. Hansgrohe Talis C (the 13' prep faucet)

I appreciate this forum{{gwi:807}} where there is no decision too small over analyze. :)

I have no one at home to discuss this with as DH says to just pick whatever makes me happy (as if I knew) and the teenagers flee if I have a look on my face like I'm thinking about the kitchen and might want to talk about it. Thanks all.

Here is a link that might be useful: faucets

This post was edited by tricia257 on Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 23:10

Comments (5)

• wi-sailorgirl
    11 years ago

I can't speak to the quality of the faucets themselves, but if you want a little "edge" to the kitchen, I think the hansgrohe would fit best. To my eye, those others have very traditional styling.

• shannonplus2
    11 years ago

Tricia, first I have to say your last paragraph is so true for ALL of us! I laughed, and I nodded in agreement. That's why we love this forum so much.

As to your 3 choices, I would only pick the Hansgrohe out of those 3, because the other 2 look like they have side sprays instead of integrated sprayers. I would not have a faucet that needs a side sprayer. Because the water pressure is never as good, and because the additional hole is one more thing to clean around. And speaking of cleaning, the other two faucets have a lot of nooks and crannies and joints. Yet more to clean around. I like a faucet I can just wipe down smoothly, without having to work on grime that can get in nooks and crannies. Just MHO.

Also, I am not sure that your choice of the prep-sink size for the Hansgrohe is a good one. Typically apron front sinks are on the larger size, and that faucet may not be in proportion with your sink. It may also not have the reach you need for that size sink. Are you worried that the larger Hansgrohe faucet would be too tall in front of your window? Many people here have very tall faucets in front of windows, and it looks fabulous. I'm linking below a thread showing a bunch of faucet choices. Look at the pic from Beekeeperswife who has a similar sink setup as you, though not farmhouse, but with cabinets flanking either side of window in front of the sink. Her faucet is really tall and beautiful. You can do a search on this forum for more pics of her kitchen.

One great trick is to take rolled up heavy-duty aluminum foil, and shape it in the shape and size of the faucet you are considering, and stick it where you will have it installed. It really helps to picture how that particular size faucet would look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread Called Show Me Your Faucets

This post was edited by shannonplus2 on Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 10:06

• Bunny
    11 years ago

I have the Hansgrohe Talis C. It's a lovely, well made faucet. My kitchen is small and when it first was installed, I thought it looked ridiculous, like the Loch Ness Monster or some giant phallus. :) I got used to it.

I don't think it is especially edgy looking. If I were to do it over, I think I prefer the look of a straight-edged faucet, rather than the flare of the Talis C.

Otherwise, it's a quality faucet and I'm happy with my purchase.

• msrose
    11 years ago

It's funny because I've been dreaming for years of getting something similar to 1 or 2, but I bought a faucet last week and ended up going with something like 3. I guess my taste have changed since I first started thinking about faucets :)

• tricia257
    Original Author
    11 years ago

What helpful suggestions. Can't wait to see my family oll their eyes at a tinfoil sculpture at the sink.

I have a really useless side spray on an otherwise really pretty faucet now, so I really am questioning sacrificing function again.
    Good to hear from someone who owns the hansgrohe and likes it.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES