Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help evaluating our kitchen

Posted by kassikolo (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 22:49

We found a plan we love, i am not sure if the kitchen is functional and if its not how would you redo it

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/epl/hwepl08691.html?from=search

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help evaluating our kitchen

You haven't told us about you, your family, your lifestyle, etc. This information would be very useful...see the "Layout Help" topic in the "Read Me" thread for a discussion of what information we need to give you the best design help. [You may have given us the info in another thread, but this is the thread you're asking for help on...]

Without much to go on, I did come up with a fairly quick layout...note that it moves the doorway to the kitchen from the Gallery so that traffic goes straight through the kitchen w/o straying into the Prep & Cooking Zones and even the Cleanup Zone is somewhat removed from the path. I suggest extending the Gallery so the kitchen doorway is still in the Gallery. Doing this has the added advantage of a bit of additional privacy & sound mitigation for Bedroom #3 (the longer wall creates a small alcove to the doorway to that bedroom.)

[Click on the picture to get a bigger version...the so-called "improved" site no longer lets us post pics big enough to study. *sigh*]

kassikolo's kitchen #1 photo kassikolo1.jpg

There are other options that I'm sure others will mention!

o

Buehl, thank you so much for taking time to help me
-We are a family of 4 (2 small kids)
As far as the plan goes, some things that i really want to have is
-cooktop and built in oven+microwave (i really dont like ranges)
-Only one sink with dishwasher next to it
-I would like a nice prep area between sink and cooktop
-Pantry

Do you think this is doable??

o

Is this better or not?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here