Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reverse Osmosis Faucet Rec?

Posted by lovetodream (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 22:48

I'm decisioned/researched out and wondered if anyone has a RO faucet for a fairly inexpensive price that you'd recommend.

We inherited our system from the previous owner and like it fine, but I'm switching our faucets from stainless to chrome and can't tell what the current model is to even find it in another finish.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reverse Osmosis Faucet Rec?

We just installed the Kohler Wellspring which I chose because of its petite size. I wanted it to complement not compete with our Perrin & Rowe gooseneck bridge faucet. It is nicely made as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Wellspring

o

That's my favorite one - the size is super cute! However, the site where I found it says specifically it's not for use with reverse osmosis systems. All the other ones I find are almost as tall as my pull down faucet and I'd like a smaller one.

o

My mom also has the same faucet and it is hooked up to her reverse osmosis system. I'm not sure why they are saying it is incompatible, maybe call Kohler directly?

o

My mom also has the same faucet and it is hooked up to her reverse osmosis system. I'm not sure why they are saying it is incompatible, maybe call Kohler directly?

o

Not all filtration is same as RO. RO water is super pure and is considered aggressive and can corrode metal. RO rated faucets need to be lined with PE tubing inside to prevent any contact of the water with metal. The only one I know of is waterstone and it is quite expensive. My RO maufacturer (Kinetico) also makes faucet and I am planning to use it even though I am not super thrilled with the look to save some $$

o

I ended up picking this one, although it's not quite as cute. :) Still, it's more affordable and does say it's compatible with RO systems.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta beverage faucet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here