Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
molly_phillips5546059

Reverse Osmosis Faucet Rec?

Molly Phillips
11 years ago

I'm decisioned/researched out and wondered if anyone has a RO faucet for a fairly inexpensive price that you'd recommend.

We inherited our system from the previous owner and like it fine, but I'm switching our faucets from stainless to chrome and can't tell what the current model is to even find it in another finish.

Comments (11)

• ArchitectMamma
    11 years ago

We just installed the Kohler Wellspring which I chose because of its petite size. I wanted it to complement not compete with our Perrin & Rowe gooseneck bridge faucet. It is nicely made as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Wellspring

• Molly Phillips
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That's my favorite one - the size is super cute! However, the site where I found it says specifically it's not for use with reverse osmosis systems. All the other ones I find are almost as tall as my pull down faucet and I'd like a smaller one.

• ArchitectMamma
    11 years ago

My mom also has the same faucet and it is hooked up to her reverse osmosis system. I'm not sure why they are saying it is incompatible, maybe call Kohler directly?

• gwlolo
    11 years ago

Not all filtration is same as RO. RO water is super pure and is considered aggressive and can corrode metal. RO rated faucets need to be lined with PE tubing inside to prevent any contact of the water with metal. The only one I know of is waterstone and it is quite expensive. My RO maufacturer (Kinetico) also makes faucet and I am planning to use it even though I am not super thrilled with the look to save some $$

• Molly Phillips
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I ended up picking this one, although it's not quite as cute. :) Still, it's more affordable and does say it's compatible with RO systems.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta beverage faucet

• NVteach
    9 years ago

Lovetodream, I am thinking that I will buy the same RO faucet, what kitchen faucet to you have to coordinate? I am thinking the Cassidy would be the best fit? Thanks!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Not inexpensive, but Waterstone has a great selections of small filtration faucets that are compatible with RO systems.

• PhoneLady
    9 years ago

I needed an R/O faucet to go along with my Moen Woodmere faucet but didn't want to spend Moen prices. I also didn't want it to be too hulking since the faucet itself has a pretty big presence. I bought my Blanco sink and faucets at Standard Plumbing. (Mesa AZ). All the pricing was equal to or less than any place I searched online.

In their showroom, they have many reasonably priced faucets suitable for R/O systems. For $69 I got this one that includes the air gap. IRL the finish and design are very complementary.

• PhoneLady
    9 years ago

By the way, I have no affiliation with Standard Plumbing. My point in mentioning them was just to point out there are reasonably priced generic R/O faucets out there and many plumbing supply sources carry them. Good luck!

• Marc Johnson
    9 years ago

We're putting in an R/O under the sink - with pressure tank - and will tee the output to both our Instant-Hot and to the fridge water & ice - no extra faucet on the sink. My thinking was that since we are only going to drink cold water (and ice), why bother with another thing on the sink.

It took me weeks to research and find a system that would do this - with enough pressure to work w/the fridge.

I'll update when it gets installed. My under sink is going to end up looking like a nuclear power plant with the R/O, tank, hot water, disposal ... ! Luckily we're storing cleaning supplies elsewhere, as there won't be much room left!