Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reconciling white trim with cream cabinets?

Posted by MizLizzie (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 22:45

I brought home this week from the KD's a sample of Holiday's Nantucket finish. It is a very creamy color and I love it. It has just enough yellow undertone, I think, that it will look good with the Cambria Shirebrook I've chosen. But my kitchen windows, all the crown, and four doors will be white.

I see this combination all the time, but for some reason I'm afraid now it will bug me. Will I hate it? I went back thru the "favorite cabinets" I'd bookmarked on Houzz, and three of the pics had this combo, and I had not noticed. Until I noticed. And started obsessing . . . The house is very open concept with lots of traditional white millwork so I can't go all cream.

Any advice -- or pics! -- so very welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reconciling white trim with cream cabinets?

So long as the white is a warm white, I think it will work fine. And the fact that you saved kitchens like that without realizing it means that you like the look on some level. At least that's my theory.

o

I hope that's right! I used to have the same issue with using yellow in a room with gold-toned hardwoods. Now half my house is papered or painted yellow.

o

You like yellow with white trim in the rest of your house so think of cream and white as a more subtle version of the same scheme. I understand the second guessing. I obsessed over all the whites in our bathroom remodel. Now I see, the greater range of whites gives texture and interest to the space. Your cream and white will look great. Count yourself lucky you found a cabinet color you love. Looking forward to seeing your finished kitchen!

o

I have creamy cabinets with white trim and I think it looks fine. My farmhouse sink is white which I think ties in to the white trim. Don't focus on one detail, like the trim color, but try to look at the room as a whole.

Front of peninsula/glass cabinet photo IMG_0769.jpgFarm sink photo IMG_0882.jpg

o

Thank you, ladies, for your thoughtful insight. And marcy96, I love that look with the sink. You are right. It ties it up nicely.

o

Wow! I have this problem and I didn't even know it until I read this post and then the responses made me feel better about it. What a gardenweb roller coaster. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here