Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katieob_gw

Getting there~Progress photos

katieob
12 years ago

Hi all.

So excited to report that progress is being made. We're scheduled to be finished by the end of the month (fingers crossed). This is a whole house renovation of a 1940's Cape. We downsized a ton from our last house and we are so glad! Feels very cozy and right.

Only base cabs have been installed. Templating for marble perimeter counters was today. Waiting on island, uppers, appliances, pendants, etc. ....but I'm so happy to see it coming together.

I included a photo of the brick floor in the mudroom/half bath because someone was asking about brick flooring in a post recently.

Photos~

View from banquette

View toward front door (Built in mudroom cubbies will be on left)

View from front door

Brick in entry/mudroom/half bath/pantry

Banquette

(Yes, the cup pulls were put on upside down today. Really? Really?)

Comments (33)

• CEFreeman
    12 years ago

SO EXCITING!
    And very pretty. :)
    Keep 'em coming.
    Christine

• modern_mom35
    12 years ago

Beautiful floors!

• willtv
    12 years ago

Very Nice.
    The cabs look great as do the floors.
    Especially the brick.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    12 years ago

I love seeing the progress. Please keep it coming! Your house looks a WHOLE lot nicer than the 1940's capes I've seen.

The upside-down pulls will be very useful for storing Cheerios between meals. That's hilarious.

Good luck with the rest!

• desertsteph
    12 years ago

upside-down pulls - catching (landing spot) for cheerios for the dog! one less dish to wash....

can't wait to see more! got more pics?

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Thank you for the pics! I was wondering the other day about your reno schedule. End of the month?! Wow! That's a lot of work done very quickly. I'm very much looking forward to seeing those cabs with their hat on.:)

• caminnc
    12 years ago

Your house is looking fantastic! I love everything about it! Also love the light in the foyer and that brick floor is awesome.

• hlove
    12 years ago

It looks wonderful so far! We, too, downsized and are almost done with an extensive renovation...it was definitely worth it for us, despite living through it. Looks like it definitely will be for you, too!

• andi_k
    12 years ago

wow, it all looks great!!!

what are the brick floors you used?

• brianadarnell
    12 years ago

Looks great. Excited to see another beautiful kitchen by you.

• prill
    12 years ago

Beautiful Katie. So glad you're doing marble counters again. Love the brick floor. What are your other floors? Pill

• aokat15
    12 years ago

Looks fantastic so far!! And the kitchen looks so spacious in the pics - it doesn't look like you're downsizing there! Love the floors - both wood and brick!

• cottonpenny
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! Your flooring is to die for!

• kim23185
    12 years ago

I loved your last kitchen and this one looks like it is on its way to being just as nice. Would you mind sharing the wall color you chose?

• abbeys
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Can't wait to see more.

• tinker_2006
    12 years ago

love it!! love the old brick flooring in the bath too!

• islanddevil
    12 years ago

Love everything. Can't wait to see it finished especially the banquette. Love banquettes!
    Can you please tell me what color your cabinets are? I take it they get painted once installed or are your doors/drawers natural?
    Would you mind sharing the manufacturer of your pulls and the great lantern sconce in the hall?

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing more.

• rococogurl
    12 years ago

When it looks this good without much in there you know you have good bones. Very exciting!

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Looking good! Maybe the drawers are upside down...

• jmcgowan
    12 years ago

Love, love those old heart pine floors. Wish I had those! Love seeing the progress, can't wait to see more!!

• katieob
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all for sharing my excitement!

This week should be busy, so I hope to have more to share soon.

Cabinet color is BM White Dove. The interior of the drawers is natural maple.

Pulls on the banquette are by Schaub (thanks Kateskouros) and the upside down bin pulls (Cheerios catchers, love it!) are RH Gilmore.

Wood floors are wide heart pine.

Brick is Robinson's Thin Brick in color English Pub.

Mudroom Sconce is by Visual Comfort via Circa Lighting

Wall color is BM Balboa Mist. I went thru many samples looking for a crisp light grey with no undertones. Grey is so hard, but I love it.

Thanks,
    Katie

• sweetcarolinect
    12 years ago

Katie0b - i adored your previous kitchen and can't wait to see the your new finished kitchen!

• katieob
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi sweetcarolinect,

So sweet, thank you. I'll be posting photos this week-we are finally finished and I am delighted with the kitchen and so glad to be done!!

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Looking great! How deep is your bench? We are putting in a bench also and I am concerned that it is too shallow.
    Thanks!

• jalsy6
    12 years ago

Not sure how I missed this thread - beautiful already! Please do post more pics. We must have similar tastes, as I'm drooling over all your inspiration photos too!

• greenhousems
    12 years ago

Can't wait for the additional photos... loving that Balboa Mist paint..

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Looking great! How deep is your bench? We are putting in a bench also and I am concerned that it is too shallow.
    Thanks!

• bestyears
    12 years ago

Wow, what a spectacular house that will be! Beautiful attention to so many small details....

• scrappy25
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Can you tell me how wide that window and banquette are, and the depth? Will you use a round table to fit in there? thanks you!

• User
    12 years ago

Very nice, hope you can post some new pics soon!

• shelayne
    12 years ago

It is going to be beautiful!

I adored your previous kitchen, so I can only imagine how amazing this one will be! Can't wait to see! :)

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

It looks great with so many nice details. I can't wait to see more photos as you go. What is used on the wainscot panel in the hall? Your floors are gorgeous.

• cardamon
    12 years ago

Hi Katieob I'm so looking forward to new pictures. Hope it is going well for you. I've always liked whatever you have done in both houses. You have good taste and that is all there is to it!