Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tblmom

Do I match floors to countertop or cabs?

tblmom
11 years ago

I can't figure out what to do with the floors in our soon to be new kitchen. It's a small 10x11 space with a small peninsula dividing the kitchen and dining. I know most people recommend hardwood for continuity between the spaces but we ultimately decided on tile. There are far too many other people who use our kitchen regularly (babysitter, both sets of grandparents, kids) aside from us and we didn't feel like playing kitchen supervisor all the time. We are ok with tile since the back of the kitchen leads to the mudroom and hald bath for which we were going to put down tile anyway.

The cabs are Adel medium brown (shaker style) and we aregoing with Cambria Torquay counters and subway tile as the backsplash. Any exposed wall will be painted an avocado green.

Should I use an almost white floor tile (e.g. the porcelain faux marble) to go with the counters or a beige tile (a few shades lighter than the cabs) to match the cabs? I don't want it to look too busy since it's such a small space. It's a 1940 colonial.

Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor