Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebop49

Still Looking for Long Island Countertops ?

REBOP49
10 years ago

I have had so many issues just trying to find a good countertop granite fabricator on Long Island, NY
First I went to my local Home Depot a few months ago and got an in-store " rough " estimate but was told they would not send anyone to measure my countertops until I sign a contract first with Home Depot
Next I called Costco twice making appointments for a free " My Countertop " estimate and both times they failed to show up for the appointments , A couple of weeks ago I went back to the Costco website only to discover they are no longer offering countertop service on Long Island
Gee....I can't imagine why ?
Next I called Bellagio Countertops in St James twice and they failed to show up for the estimate appointments
Next I called Mt Sinai Granite twice and they never called back as promised to set up appointments for estimates

Are there no good granite fabricators left on Long Island that are interested in installing granite countertops ?

If there are....I know I haven't been able to find them

Comments (11)

• Jennifer N.
    10 years ago

Have you tried Alcamo in Commack?

Here is a link that might be useful: Alcamo Granite

• darbuka
    10 years ago

Napoli Granite & Marble, in Farmingdale, is supposed to be very good.

In fact, Farmingdale has a ton of all kinds of kitchen related places, and many granite suppliers/fabricators.

Sometimes you have to go a little further afield to find what you want. On Long Island, the further west you go, the more there is. You might even try looking in Nassau County.

• PRO
    Allison Gamba Design Consultant
    10 years ago

Yorkshire stone in Happague was amazing, I drove all the way from Garden city to deal with them and was NOT disappointed, and I am VERY picky!! Ask for Ray

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

Did you check under 'stone yards's? Or tried the stone locator?

When I was doing a flagstone patio I was 'in touch' with them, but didn't need to use them since my landscaper found the stone I needed. I still get their emails offering their services. They seem to be very personable and customer service oriented. Read the reviews.

Here is a link that might be useful: website

• SaltLife631
    10 years ago

I am sorry to hear about your struggles. Professionals scheduling repeated appointments with customers and failing to follow through with those appointments is unacceptable. Unfortunately on Long Island because of Hurricane Sandy homeowners are still rebuilding. Many of the aforementioned professionals have an abundance of work and are spread too thin as a result. As I mentioned in the original post Bellagio is generally a value operation so to speak, however not much value if they are not honoring appointments! I have recently heard complaints of Bellagio struggling to keep up with the work demand and thus creating unacceptable customer service experiences. Contact the following professionals and you should undoubtedly have a more positive experience. Please feel free to let me know if you need any other assistance.

Savvy Stone in Medford - (631) 205-1001
    Grand Marb in West Babylon - (631) 777-8777
    Tuscany Marble and Granite in Deer Park - (631) 243-4000

• Bon22
    10 years ago

We got our countertop in Farmingdale (Smith Street? I think). They have a few granite yards there

• Bon22
    10 years ago

Mackson Marble and Granite (beautiful pieces there!)

• REBOP49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks to everyone - I am still looking & one of my biggest problems is that I am wheelchair bound & can't measure my old countertops nor can I travel easily. I live closer to St James & Mt Sinai/ Rocky Point and know people who used Bellagio and Mt Sinai Granite but I can't get them to even come to my residence for an estimate & measuring. I did call Island Granite in Rocky Point and they were willing to give me an estimate but I wanted to know if anyone had any good or bad experiences with Island Granite in Rocky Point ? I'm also considering contacting Savvy Stone in Medford for an estimate - I realize that I will eventually have to travel to see a slab but for now I just want estimates & recommendations

• chickadee4
    10 years ago

Once upon a time I lived on LI.
    Once upon a time I was wheel chaired bound for 6 weeks.
    Ask a neighbor to measure your counter tops.
    Most general contractors have cell phones to a accept kitchen photos.
    Many of the stone fabricators have their slabs viewable on line.
    Make up a small file listing your work space dimensions, what your job entails , and your stone/ granite choice.

With the winter in a perpetual snow storm I have had two contractors contact me after nine p.m. via text messaging. The roads are slick and the contractors loved that they were able to communicate at their speed.

See if any of the above sites have online slab views . Contractors love the business but are overwhelmed by the weather and the ongoing hurricane cleanup. Plus we forget their homes were also damaged in the hurricane.
    Be patient but give them an email or text message to work from instead of traveling .
    Good luck

• better2boutside
    10 years ago

We have used Savvy many times- Victor and Rosario do excellent work.

You can also try Tuscany Marble & Granite in Dix hills.

• REBOP49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay....today I finally found that Costco had partnered with a new countertop company & had an apt/estimate with Kitchen Magic Inc today ( 3/14/14 0
    My wife looked at all the samples of granite & quartz and the rep said I had 58 sq ft with counters & backsplash. He explained that I don't pay Kitchen Magic but I do pay Costco. My wife liked the quartz better and he quoted me for a quartz countertop of Dupont Zodiac Toasted Almond Color including all removal & installation of countertop , backsplash & stainless steel double bowl sink = $ 8125 ( including tax ) and I would receive an $ 800 Costco Cash Card Rebate to be used on future Costco Purchases, He also worked out an estimate on a granite countertop ( Venetian Gold Color ) = $ 7898. adding that the Costco Cash Card Rebate of $ 800 did not apply on the granite. He alleged that both of these estimates were " special prices " for Costco which did not apply to all quartz or all granite. I
    I explained that did not seem like a bargain & displayed an estimate from Home Depot for 51 sq ft Silestone quartz in 9/5/13 = $ 7.598.50 adding that granite was the same price on the Home Depot estimate
    He indicated that I was responsible for purchasing a faucet which Kitchen Magic would install with the countertop & sink
    My wife likes the Dupont Zodiaq Toasted Almond Quartz and Kitchen Magic seems to have a good rep ( especially in conjunction with Costco ) .......but I wonder how " out of line " a $ 7500 Quartz Countertop is in Long Island , NY ?
    EDIT - when I asked rep if the granite had a lifetime sealer ?....he replied " No " & claimed it needed to be sealed every 2 years which my wife picked up on. He then claimed quartz is more durable & although we don't have any young children living with us anymore--- my wife became convinced that quartz was easier to maintain

This post was edited by REBOP49 on Fri, Mar 14, 14 at 22:52

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor