Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
penny1017

Finished Kitchen Pictures!

arc1017
16 years ago

Hi Everyone! I'm really excited to finally post my finished pics...some are a little blurry and I can't figure out why. BUT of course you'll get the idea. I can't wait to hear your feedback!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Pics

Comments (33)

• athomewith3
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Looks like it is asking for a password??? Can't wait to see your new kitchen......

• margieb2
    16 years ago

Gorgeous, warm and inviting! Details?

• pat813
    16 years ago

Really beautiful! I love the cabinets.....can you provide details on them (make, color etc.)

• ganggreen980
    16 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen. Quite the amazing transformation!

I wonder if you would answer a few questions, please?

1. What size is your island? Love the layout of it and am considering something similar for our place.

2. I also love your faucet! It looks like a fairly good distance between the faucet and the bottom of the sink. Do you find that it splashes?

3. I note the oven next to the fridge. I've always been under the impression that that was a no-no, presumably something to do with the heat. Have you encountered any issues with that?

Thanks for sharing!

• zeebee
    16 years ago

It looks fantastic, and I love the leaded glass! Details, please, especially on your cabinets and backsplash tiles.

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

Um, I'm guessing that's a before pic? I can't get in to see the rest...

• wisrose
    16 years ago

HELP Snapfish is not letting some of us in, it is asking for username and password. I would really like to see your kitchen!

• arc1017
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello- Thanks everyone! I will list details later when my 3 y/o is not hanging off my leg...as far as Sanpfish, I do believe that anyone can create a free account, and then you'll have access. I think you just have to give a name, a valid email address and create a password, and you're in! That's how I first joined Snapfish, to look at someone's kitchen here! :) Sorry if that's a pain for anyone. Please let me know if it's still impossible to see for some reason and I'll try something else as well! Thanks again for the great feedback.
    Ariele

• fnzzy
    16 years ago

oh wow, that's really nice! That's an amazing transformation. Amazing!

• xoxosmom
    16 years ago

That is an amazing transformation. Magazine worthy and a inviting place to hang out in.

• try_hard
    16 years ago

Oh wow, that kitchen is gorgeous! I love the backsplash and granite. The hidden desk is a clever idea, too!

try_hard

• rmkitchen
    16 years ago

What a beautiful room -- congratulations!

• kristenfl
    16 years ago

You did a wonderful job. Hey guys, it's worth signing up to see!

• malhgold
    16 years ago

Beautiful job!!! Love all the views to the outside.

• marthavila
    16 years ago

Kitchens like yours always cause me to let a big sigh! Honestly, I'm always a bit puzzled when I see a kitchen that, to start off with, doesn't look to me like it needed all that much work in the first place. Then, when I see the remodel imagination of a TKO unleashed to produce such a majestic display of transformed beauty, there comes the "aha!" moment. That is just one truly great kitchen you have there, from start to finish. Many congratulations on a superb job.

• kateskouros
    16 years ago

you did a great job! really lovely. enjoy it in good health!

• amcofar
    16 years ago

Remarkable transformation! A truly beautiful space. Enjoy!

• sher_ter
    16 years ago

arc1017 - I LOVE your kitchen! I am about to do a remodel and am going with the same cabinet/counter/floor colors you have chosen. I'm happy to see yours because it really makes me happy with my choices! I have one question, out of curiosity, do you have a kitchen table? I didn't see one. I removing half the wall between my kitchen and dining room and will be adding a peninsula between the two rooms. I will be eliminating the kitchen table and extending the island to accomodate more storage and have a seating area at the end, similar to yours. I would love to make my dining room more casual to use everyday instead of a wasted space that is used once a year. I know this is not typical and if anyone has this type of setup, please let me know how you like it!

Again, beautiful kitchen, you have great taste :)

• Freda
    16 years ago

WOW!! Beautiful kitchen. I am going to renovate my kitchen this spring. Already have someone to do it as soon as he is finished building a new home for himself. I am thinking of doing similar to Sher_ter. I want to remove half the wall between my kitchen and dining room and adding peninsula between the two rooms. My kitchen table will be going. Our children are grown and there is only the two of us now so we want to start using our dining room and add more cabinets to our kitchen plus I want to get a dishwasher. Hoping to get some ideas from surfing this forum.

• sjerin
    16 years ago

How are you all seeing this?? Do all you who can see the pics have a snapfish account? arc, will you please make the album public, if you can?

• tinker_2006
    16 years ago

I can't see either unless I join snapfish, please do make the album public so we who don't want to join snapfish can see! Thanks, looking forward to it!

• arc1017
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello,
    Wow, I am so flattered that I am speechless as I read your comments. Thank you so much. First of all I will try to make the pictures public...can anyone tell me how I can do that? I have decent computer skills but pictures are not my forte. I wish I could manage just to insert the pictures into this post! Ugh...I'll work on it, I promise.

Here are my details:
    Cabinets: All custom by a local shop here on Long Island, applied moulding/raised panel doors. The perimeter is maple with a MDF center panel...based on the cabinet maker's recommendation to avoid the usual cracking with an old house, non-air conditioned. That was a BM color, ?? grey, can't remember the exact color name but I could look it up, and they are treated with a brown glaze. The island, 4x8, is solid cherry with mahogany stain.
    Granite: Wild Sea from ABC Stone based in Brooklyn, also in Westbury where we found our slabs.
    Wall Color: BM Sag Harbor Grey
    Backsplash: Florida Tile 3x6 in Parchment
    Leaded Glass: Andersen Art Glass Diamond Lights
    Island Stools: Awesome deal from Ballard last summer- $79. each!
    Handles: Baldwin Melon series in Satin Nickel
    Appliances:Thermador Pro Harmony 36" all gas range, SubZero 736TCI refrigerator, Dacor electric/pure convection wall oven and microwave, Miele dishwasher, Best by Broan 42" island hood, everpure water filter system under sink.
    Faucet: Rohl/Perrin and Rowe with filtered water tap and soap pump
    Sink: Franke GNX 120: It's a huge double sink. Left is 10" deep, right is 7" deep. I have no problems with splashing, in fact I think the faucet is just so perfectly designed that the water seems to fall in the perfect place. I know that sounds strange but it's such a difference from the Moen down in the basement into my other 10" deep sink. Splashes all over the place!
    Floor: 5" wide plank red oak. You see in the pics how we transitioned from old to new. It's one of my favorite parts of the renovation!
    Ceiling Fan: From HD

sher ter: We expanded from what was two rooms: kitchen and glass-surrounded breakfast room. (previous owners enclosed the porch and put a real foundation under it as an extention.) The breakfast room, which housed the west wall of the house making it literally unbearable all summer, is what convinced us to make it all one room with much less glass. The new space became 20 x 15, all kitchen. We got rid of the kitchen table, but we have a dining room on the north side of the house. The kitchen and DR are seperated by a 42" high half-wall which we treated with matching wild sea granite. That half-wall has KM natural oak cabinets which open into the DR. They don't match but they blend into the floor so it's all good.

gangreen: We worked with a CKD and a very reputable cabinet maker, as well as a reputable appliance dealer. Nobody mentioned any concern about the oven and refig. being adjacent. It has not been a problem at all honestly. Your question was the very first I had heard of that, but it's good to know nevertheless!

Thanks again everyone for your time and appreciation. I remember a post a few months back from someone who used her inheritance from her dad to help fund her dream kitchen and she imagined how he would have enjoyed it. That was touching and really hit home. This project would not have been possible for me either for a very similar reason. My mother "funded" this kitchen and I know she is smiling down on it, probably just laughing at how much we spent on this, but glad that we are enjoying life and recognizing how precious each day and moment really is. So spring for those fancy shmancy faucets! As my husband and I kept saying, we'll probably only be doing this once in our lives!

Thanks again for all your great feedback and support! :)

• User
    16 years ago

what a stunning transformation!!!!
    You must love cooking in there!!!
    Congratulations!!!

• redroze
    16 years ago

LOVE everything about it, especially the brick tiled backsplash that compliments your granite in colour, the white cabinets and cherry island, the gorgeous hardwood floors. Most of all, I love that every detail looks perfect, seamless and well thought out. Love every inch of it! Congrats!!!

I'm doing a similar layout with the wall oven/microwave right beside the fridge. I think it makes sense when you're doing a non-counter depth fridge so there is a wall that pops out a bit more than the rest of it, especially when it appears at the end of the line of cabinetry.

Our island was previously 3x7 but hubby wanted 3x8...and now seeing your 4x8 island I think his choice was right!

• arc1017
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks again, everyone. Also- I'm still seeking advice on making the snapfish pics "public"...any ideas?

• mrslimestone
    16 years ago

Really beautiful. All of the details like the arched windows and the bookshelf make it that much more drool worthy. Great job.

• oldhometara
    16 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen! The cabinetry, granite and backslplash are beautiful. And I love the leaded glass. Congrats on a job well done and hope you are enjoying your new kitchen.

• pecanpie
    16 years ago

How about posting a few in-line pics? We're anxious!

• cotehele
    16 years ago

Arc, reading the wonderful accolades for your new kitchen, I would love to see your pictures. I am not a member of Snapfish, nor do I want to join yet another photo hosting site. If there is an option to make the album public, I would appreciate your thoughtfulness to do so. If I knew how to do that, I would gladly help.

• dorothyct
    16 years ago

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. That is an amazing kitchen. YOu are in your glory, I am sure. :) Enjoy!!

Dorothy

• arc1017
    Original Author
    16 years ago

pecanpie, I would love to know how everyone posts the in-line pics. Please someone rescue me from my in-line picture paralysis! LOL :)

• starpooh
    16 years ago

May I archive your kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog? If so please submit the Category Checklist so I can easily categorize your kitchen.
    Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist

• arc1017
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Starpooh- Yes, and thanks. I have filled out your checklist!