Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laminate countertop: oiled soapstone, black Alicante...

Posted by hearthgirl (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 22:12

Hi, I've had soapstone counters in the past and loved them, but cannot justify that cost right now. My dilemma is which laminate to get and what type of finish and edge: Wilsonart's Oiled Soapstone or Black Alicante; or Formica Basalt Slate. I saw jenni's kitchen here with the 3 cm laminate and it looks incredible. I was hoping Formica's IdealEdge would be an option, but it's not available in my region yet. Any help out there? I am getting custom wood painted white (BM paper mâché) cabinets. Anyone have black Alicante? It's the only one I can't find pictures of.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laminate countertop: oiled soapstone, black Alicante...

Do a google search of Alicante laminate, and then click on images. You'll see pictures there. I think all of these choices will be beautiful. The only down side I can remember is that someone said the dark laminate scratches showed up as white (or something like that). Maybe someone else will remember that thread. You might try to search your choices on this sight also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here