Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

Help me choose a faucet, please

Peke
11 years ago

I just ordered 2 Ticor TR4000 sinks. One is for the kitchen and one is for the utility room. Now I can use both sets of accessories in the kitchen.

I need advice on faucets for both sinks. I would like pull down sprayers, metal hose (not fabric), brushed nickel or stainless steel, a long reach for the hose, and one handle.

I also would like to put the handle in front not the side so I can turn it off without dripping on the countertop.

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Peke

Comments (41)

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I forgot....I want to be able to find parts for repair.

• SaraKat
    11 years ago

Hansgrohe Talis S is a nice simple faucet that works great. I have a similar one and I really love it

Grohe Bridgeford

There are tons of them online at e-faucet or faucets direct to view. You can just turn the handle forward at the base to make it operable from the front when installing. Your sinks are very pretty!

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So can all faucet handles be turned to the front?

I looked at the Talis S. I liked it too. Haven't seen Bridgeford yet.
    Thanks,
    Peke

• ck_squared
    11 years ago

Grohe has metal hoses and your other parameters.
    I have had one for years and will get another when we do our remodel in a few months.

p.s. if you have any problems with your Groher faucet, simply call them/email them with the issue. They will get whatever you need most likely free of charge. Fantastic customer service.

This post was edited by ck_squared on Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 18:28

• Molly Phillips
    11 years ago

Hey, Peke - I think we posted around the same time about the same issue!

What I'm having trouble with is, after reading recommendations on this site, googling the faucets and finding not-so-good reviews on the particular recommendation. So weird to not find raves after reading raves here, you know?

Good luck with your search!

• Lorenza5064
    11 years ago

Three questions; with the Hansgrohe Talis S does the spray have a locking feature? does the pulldown piece dock magnetically? does the water flow return to a stream when the spray feature is turned off?

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

My recent notes on the Hansgrohe Talis C -smaller footprint (from Grohle Ladylux), pull down, metal docking, believe it has lock in spray, solid brass, single hole faucet: dimension 1 3/8"

Height 8 1/4"
    Reach 7 5/8"
    Swivel Spot 150 degrees
    High Arc model: 2.2 gpm

I'm probably going with the High Arc for my main and the Low Arc for my prep. Lorenza yes I believe when unlocked it returns to stream.

Nice.
    Lower Arc model: 1.5 gmp

• Lorenza5064
    11 years ago

I have an American Standard faucet, 20+ years old, ceramic cartridge, flawless operation. It has a reach of >10". All of the faucets I have considered for my reno have considerably less reach, about 8". I am concerned that will make for a long reach for me... Any opinions or suggestions for a pull down faucet with a reach greater than 8"?

• felixnot
    11 years ago

Grohe or Handsgrohe...hands down so to speak

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I forgot to mention that a day after I ordered the Ticor sinks, the company I ordered from called and said they could no longer get Ticor products. They said they thought that Ticor shut down. They couldn't get them to answer the phone.

So I ordered the Ruvati RVH 8350. It is beautiful!

Peke

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    11 years ago

Waterstone faucets are made in the USA. They are considered to be one of the finest brands on the market. You might want to check them out.

• carolml
    11 years ago

I have the Hansgrohe Allegro E, three in fact, all different sizes for different sinks. The spray feature locks on and it has the magnetic return. I think I have to turn the faucet off to return to normal flow but I can't remember (it's all so new and I'm not at home just now, so I can't check). I really like these faucets and the largest of them (main sink) was bought at Costco, so was cheaper than both of the smaller ones.

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Waterstone faucets are indeed beautiful, but way out of my price range. But in the future.....

The hansgrohe allegro E is pretty too. Did you get a water filter dispenser and soap dispenser too?

I would want them to match whatever faucet I get.

I have been seeing 1.5 and 2.2 gpm. Is either one a good flow? I have also seen Eco flow that is 1.5 gpm but says it has a fast filling option.

Thanks, Peke

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Peke, for water conservation I replaced all bathroom sink spouts with 1.5 gpm as well as the kitchen/pantry sinks. I'm the type that runs around and turns off unused electronics too, and reminds everyone to shut off the lights upon leaving.

It sounds like you are honing in on a faucet. (I'm still stuck in ventilation hades). Good luck.

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ah, I remember ventilation hades well. I am so glad to have that settled.

It could possible take me a year or more to decide on a countertop and backsplash. I am so dreading it.

I am choosing one thing at a time to work on. Faucets this week! undercounter lights and lights for my upper glass cabinets will be next. Hang in there on your vent hood search!

Peke

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Peke - I thought the Waterstone was out of my price range but after seeing and feeling it - I had to have it! My frugal DM convinced me to go with the Waterstone!

• katy-lou
    11 years ago

I haven't gotten to use mine yet (not yet installed) but we found a local dealer that had good pricing on them without even haggling - better than I could find online and it shipped from Waterstone direct - got it an amazing 1 week after ordering it!

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    11 years ago

I found a great website that is unbiased and has rankings of just about every faucet on the market. I am a bit biased toward Waterstone faucets, but they too seem to feel they are about the best out there. I put a link below for your convenience.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ranking and comparing faucet brands

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, it had lots of good info. It listed some brands I had never heard of...

I truly would love a Waterstone, but if I have to choose between a faucet and a countertop that I want...I will go with the countertop. We are at the end of the remodel and money is now tight.

Thanks
    Peke

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I swear I posted a question, but I cannot find it now. So I am sorry if I did post it twice.

You already know I need a kitchen faucet. I would also like to find a soap dispenser and small beverage faucet to match the main faucet. Money is tight now if I want a granite countertop so give me your best suggestions for lower priced faucets....Moen, Delta, etc.

$200-300 max for main faucet. I want to put a filter on the beverage faucet. I cannot seem to find any to match in my price range. I see some beautiful ones in higher ranges.

Thanks,
    Peke

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

bump

• Laura517
    11 years ago

Hi Peke
    I am in the same boat as you, but I think I found a faucet- The Grohe Concetto- it is dual spray pull-down, has good reviews on the web, and is the right price. My plumbing supply store quoted me $262 for chrome. I'm sure the super steel finish will cost more, but should still be fairly close to your price range. Check it out!

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I will look to see if Grohe has a beverage faucet to match it. Thanks,
    Peke

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

I'm not sure if your question has been answered or not about the capability of installing all faucets facing forwards, but the answer is no. Check the specs and particular faucet to see about side or forward placement. Many can be, but not all.

Lorenza--answering your questions:

1. The Talis S high arc does not have a spray locking feature. I believe I posted that somewhere for you since you initially asked this so sorry if I'm repeating myself.

2. Yes, I believe so.

3. You must hold the spray button to engage it. The faucet returns to the regular stream as soon as you release the button.

• cnherrick
    11 years ago

I am looking at the Blanco 441408 ... going for the culinary/pro-kitchen look. It's made in Israel which is a huge plus.

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

well, I am still looking.

Talis S is out because I want a locking spray.
    Talis C is out because I want the handle facing front.
    Delta Trinsic...maybe. The spray locks but I can't tell if the handle can be placed in front or not.
    Grohe Concetta has locking spray-don't know about handle.
    Brizo Solna locking spray don't know about handle in the front

So can someone tell me what to look for? I have seen some that say handle on left or right, but none say in the center. What words am I looking for? Thanks,
    Peke

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

You'll have to check out the specs of each faucet. Sometimes you'll just need to ask. I found the website faucetdirect dot com a good place to asks questions. At the bottom of each item's description page, there's a place to ask questions. The answers usually come within 24 hours. You can always call the manufacturer also.

Do you currently have a locking spray? I know many here list it as a necessity in a new faucet, but I've never missed it on either of my Talises. Of course, I've never used a faucet like that to know if I might be missing something.

• mountaineergirl
    11 years ago

I really like my Delta stainless faucet. It's a pull-down and has a magnet locking system that makes it snap back into place. And delta has awesome customer service. I needed a new aerator due to problems with our water softener and they sent another entire head. No questions asked. And when the buttons came off of a pull-out in the laundry room (due to careless contractors) they sent out a new wand assembly. Free of charge.

Anyway the delta talbott was reasonably priced and if I needed another I would choose it again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta talbott pull-down

• robo (z6a)
    11 years ago

I'm holding an uninstalled Delta trinsic in my hand, but I am SO not a plumber. What would be needed for a front installation? If someone tells me what to look for I could examine it.

Right now (uninstalled) the faucet rotates really freely 360" around the handle so it seems like it could be installed in any direction vs the handle. Some people install handle left, in this case the level would go back about 3+ inches. If you install right it would come forward same amount.

It would feel a little weird right now for me to put handle front as to turn it on you would have to turn the handle down to the left, and to turn off back up to the right. The handle has only 90" range of motion (graduates hot/cold over that 90"). It would seem more natural to me to push down toward the right.

The faucet is also huge! Which I like. :)

Faucet in on position:

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Someone posted on another post that if it swivels 360 degrees then the handle can go anywhere. Don't know if it is true or not.

I had locking spray on my last Grohe and I have missed it a lot.

Peke

• robo (z6a)
    11 years ago

I think you're good to go. There's nothing that would constrain it as far as I can see.

• Laura517
    11 years ago

Peke: I found the spec sheet for the Grohe Concetto. It does state that it has "variable handle positioning."
    Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide.

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Woohoo! Thank you! Now I have to find a beverage faucet.

Peke

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Concetto in brushed nickel with Brizo Euro Beverage faucet in stainless. Not sure if the nickel will match the stainless.

Delta Trinsic in arctic stainless with Delta 1914 beverage in arctic stainless. Don't really match in style, but the colors work.

Moen Brantford classic stainless with Brizo Traditional beverage in stainless or Delta 1914 in arctic stainless.

What to do!!! Why don't the faucet companies offer matching beverage faucets?

• shipshape
    11 years ago

Love the Delta magna-tite feature on their pull-downs. I had a Delta Leland and I'm getting another one.

• rococogurl
    11 years ago

I used a Newport Brass faucet with my KWC main. They didn't "match" exactly but they blended perfectly. The quality was very good. One company with prep sink & smaller faucet selection.

Here is a link that might be useful: Newport Brass Prep & Beverage

• robo (z6a)
    11 years ago

Trinsic has a bar height, is that different than a beverage faucet?

Here is a link that might be useful: Trinsic bar height

This post was edited by robotropolis on Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 10:11

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you to all. I finally ordered faucets. Not a perfect match, but I did the best I could. So will wait to see if the colors match up. Hopefully they will be here this week. Peke

On to the next crisis!

Everything is at a standstill. Nothing has been done or finished in over a month. They were in such a hurry to get my business....wish they were in a hurry to finish the jobs.
    Peke

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well it took a while for both faucets to get here!
    They all match in color. The Brizo has some accents that do match the Intrinsic but they are close enough.

Delta Intrinsisc
    soap dispense
    Brizo beverage faucet

Thanks to all who gave me much needed advice! Peke

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a picture of the faucets. I think they match pretty well.

• KBSpider
    11 years ago

Very nice - one less thing on the list! Is everything else going better now (things progressing/getting done)?