Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bigger than a Blanco Silgranite super single?

Posted by MizLizzie (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 22:00

So the kitchen is scarcely finished and I'm starting a long range plan for the laundry. When my 17 year old Kenmores give up the ghost, I'm getting a stacking set of the biggest w/d LG makes. AND a sink!!! You can't imagine how happy I will be after living sinkless for 17 years. I never had before, and it's been a PITA for me.

And I need the biggest danged sink you can fit in a 36" sinkbase. I love the offset drain in the Silgranite super single. Is this the biggest on the market? I really need something I can scrub out a cat litter pan in. And I use Rubbermaid tubs for litter pans. I don't care about depth too much, nor material, really. Cast iron, SS, or even acrylic or whatever that stuff is. Undermount is my preference but even that could slide. I just need space. I'm tired of being on my knees on a tile floor hunched over the bathtub to scrub out pans. So what's the biggest sink on the market? I can't top the Silgranite but maybe I'm missing something? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bigger than a Blanco Silgranite super single?

I don't know if there is a bigger sink out there, but my super single with offset drain is huge! I knew it was going to be bigger than my previous sink, but this thing is like a small bath tub. And I love it!

o

A 33'' sink IS the biggest that can fit in a 36'' base. You need a larger base and a custom sink to be larger, but at significant expense over choosing standard available sizes.

o

A small bathtub! Sounds perfect, fishymom!

o

Today I washed the bins for my side by side refrigerator in my super single, I used to have to do them in the yard with the hose. I love my sink!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here