Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fern76_gw

NY/NJ Granite Yards?

fern76
16 years ago

We're almost to the granite stage and have visited a few places, not so impressed.

Can anyone share names and towns of granite yards you're happy with? I want to set up a day and visit a bunch at the same time because free time is an issue (isn't it for everyone? :)

Thanks.

Comments (10)

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

IGM in North Bergen, NJ
    OHM in Cranbury, NJ
    Everest in Clifton (?) NJ

• paddytc
    16 years ago

Stone Surfaces in East Rutherford, NJ.

• ellizabeth
    16 years ago

Hi --

We used Saymar. We're on Long Island so used the Mineola facility, but they have a yard in Long Island City as well.

Have fun!! I can't wait till we're at the point for our 2 bathroom renovations and I can get back to looking at slabs again. They are all sooooo beautiful. Although Soapstone is now calling to me

:-)
    Liz

Here is a link that might be useful: Saymar

• donna214
    16 years ago

Arena Stone in Carlstadt, NJ has come highly recommended to me. We did visit even though I am not ready to choose my stone yet and I was very impressed.

• User
    16 years ago

there is Barocco in Nanuet, NY, don't know anything about them though

My brother is a small contractor and he has worked with someone who he raves about his work (and my brother is a perfectionist) who is out of Rockland Co.

If this is an area that you are looking in let me know and I will get his name for you

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

Barocco's stone yard is on Red School House Rd (Chestnut Ridge), the showroom is in Nanuet on Middletown Rd. Their yard isn't a very large one, but they did have some very nice stone/slabs.

• grannysmith18
    16 years ago

There's a few of them all within relatively quick driving distance in Middlesex County, NJ. There's Bedrock Granite in Edison - very popular & used by lots of people locally. Also in Edison, at 35 Brunswick Avenue is MS International, whic I haven't been to yet, byt I've been told they have a very large selection.

Quite close (about 10 minutes drive) you can go to All Granite & Marble in South Plainfield. They've gotten sort of a bad reputation on these boards by some people, but others have been very satisfied. I stopped in there, and they've got quite a huge selection and a nice showroom. And you don't need an appointment.

Then, as some others have mentioned there is OHM International 195 Prospect Plains Rd.
    Monroe Township , NJ 08831 (the same OHM that another poster mentioned as being in Cranbury. It IS in Cranbury, but for looking up purposes, I think their mailing address in Monroe Township.) The last time I went to OHM (in December) they were building a showroom, but it won't be ready for another couple of months, but (you need an appointment) they've got loads of slabs to look at.
    There is also a place near OHM (as long as you're in the neighborhood) called Sakura (?? not really sure about the name) on 535 North.

If you want, you can email me directly and I'll help you plan the best route for your trip. You might even see me in one of these places - I'll be the haggard-looking woman, with glazed over eyes, mumbling incoherently about white granite.

• dd70
    16 years ago

Precision Granite 29 Vanderburg Rd Marlboro, NJ 07746
    They had a very nice selection, indoor warehouse.
    OHM in Monroe also has a nice selection, that's where we are getting ours from actually. The only thing about them is that they do require an apt., they are renovating right now so I didn't feel like the sales people gave us their full attention, it felt very rushed. But I did find what I wanted after looking and looking.....hardest decision I had to make.

• Bert31
    16 years ago

We purchased ours at OHM and the fabricators were Stone N Counters. Ask for Beth at OHM. She is really good and you should find her very helpfull.

• fern76
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm really looking forward to choosing our granite, and I appreciate all the input! Thank you.