Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a good contractor in SF Bay Area

Posted by PeterH2 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 21:52

We need a really good contractor for a major kitchen remodel in Redwood City, CA. The project will involve changes to load-bearing and external walls, plus a lot of electrical and plumbing work.

Does anyone here have any recommendations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a good contractor in SF Bay Area

I have recommendations!

We are in Belmont and used a GC that all of the moms in Belmont used and are loving him. He's cheap but the catch is he's not licensed (I know, bit no no here). If you want his contact info, let me know.

As for the rest of them - we got bids from and liked (but did not work with) Eric Hughes hughesconstruction.net We loved him but was a bit pricier.

o

(oh and we had a huge job too - knocked down walls and major plumbing relocation in our slab foundation)

o

We loved ours. Opened the kitchen to the family room by removing a partial wall of cabinets, removed entire kitchen down to drywall, new island, etc. They were absolutely amazing. They said it would take 5 weeks. Well, they took 6 weeks, 3 days from tear out to finish. Amazing. (I did have everything picked out and all was ordered before that, including cabs). Cleaned up every day, wonderful to work with. A little pricey, but everything is done right and to code. And a pleasure to have in your home. Architect and construction.

They also recently did my friend's kitchen in Redwood Shores (an emergency after a leak).

Midglen Studio Associates (link below)

Email me on my page if you have any questions or want to talk specifics. Happy to share any info!

Here is a link that might be useful: Midglen Studio Associates

o

I sent you an email with my general contractor's information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here