Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet Maker in Portland OR Area?

Posted by AnnaA (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 21:43

We are getting ready for a very small project. We'd like to price a kitchen cabinet style free standing desk and two matching file cabinets. (In other words, a desk that looks like it could have been built into a kitchen but is free-standing, as opposed to a desk that you might find in an Office supply store.) We assume a kitchen cabinet maker as a go-to expert - but maybe not since the project would be so small.??

In any case, does anyone have any recommendations for a good cabinet maker in the PNW, preferably Portland area?

Thanks everyone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet Maker in Portland OR Area?

Are you looking for custom? If not you might try DIY Cabinet Outlet on St. Helens Rd in the NW industrial area. They have loads of kitchen and bath cabinets there at reasonable prices.

o

Nice lead. Thank you alygal, I will check them out.

I think I'm headed to custom as I have a piece of marble that I used on a free standing island years ago, and am looking to repurpose it. (And my office could use a unique overhaul too.)

o

I've had a bed and bedside table made to order at Missioncraft Furniture in Linnton. Their site is at http://www.missioncraftfurniture.com.

They do very nice work, have extremely competitive pricing (like 1/3 to 1/2 of the Joinery) let you choose your wood species (I haven't had them work in paint-grade, but assume that is also an option), and will build anything that you can show them a picture of, describe, or draw for them. Their focus is furniture, not cabinetry, but for what you're looking for, I think they'd be a good option to check out.

o

Another option is Black Buggy out in Ranier. We've had a hall stand and a few end table built thru them, they use Ohio Amish to build. We thought prices were good for the quality, about par w/decent stuff at the store but quality was much higher end (solid wood, dovetails, excellent fit and finish). They offer a couple lines including Shrock. You pick the wood and finishes and can customize everything. They have a bill board on hwy 30 that leads the way to the shop, a bit off the hwy (2 miles).

o

Rockwood Cabinetry on TV Highway in Aloha. I came across them on Houzz, where they show beautiful cabinetry. I emailed them a drawing and they gave me a price quote.

o

I have a friend who is a custom home builder in the Lake Oswego Sherwood area, I'm sure he knows of quality cabinet makers... his company is Northwest Dream Homes

o

Crampon, Mistman, mayflowers, and ctycdm - thank you! These are all viable options i will check out as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here