Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alvmusick

Tracking down discontinued Caesarstone - Rosemary

alvmusick
12 years ago

Hello GW Kitchen Forum!

I am a long time fan and have completely planned my small Brooklyn galley kitchen based on the fantastic information I have found on this site. It has been smooth sailing during the planning stages...until now...

We are just a few weeks away from our renovation and out of nowhere, the KD that was sourcing our countertop tells me that the Caesarstone we want - Rosemary (2740), 3cm - is now discontinued! I checked the site and yup, discontinued! For the past few weeks I have been calling all the Caesarstone places in the area with no luck tracking down a slab. I also called the national number for Caesarstone and was bounced around and around with no luck. My KD heard that "there might be some on the West Coast" and for the last few weeks she was going back and forth with different fabricators... but alas, this week she said the search was over: no Rosemary... anywhere. Can this be true?

My galley kitchen is small - total countertop space needed is 30 sq ft (allowing for extra). We have a "back-up" quartz - Zodiaq Megellan Green - but our hearts have been set on Rosemary. Any advice for tracking this down?

Alternatively, if you have a quartz that you think is close to Rosemary (mossy green/grey), please do share.

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosemary

Comments (11)

• ayerg73
    12 years ago

brooklyngalley -

I did a little googling and came up with a website for Marble and Granite, Inc. It looks like they have both 2cm and 3cm in both honed and polished in Westwood, MA.

I can't vouch for the store in anyway. I just thought I'd see if I could come up with something for you.

HTH!

Here is a link that might be useful: Possible Rosemary in Stock?

• robbcs3
    12 years ago

This is the distributor in PA that covers my region. As far as I know every fabricator in the Mid- Atlantic gets their material here. Since they have stores in NJ, I would imagine they could get it to Brooklyn should they have any.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pierce-Phelps

• alvmusick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you ayerg73 and robbcs3 - both of your recommendations look like possibilities - both are closed today (Sunday) but I am looking forward to making some calls tomorrow! I will keep you posted.

• ayerg73
    12 years ago

No problem - your mission gave me something to do while dealing with a little insomnia! :) (darn reno stress...!)

I sure hope one of these leads pans out for you!

• dianalo
    12 years ago

While it isn't quartz, Corian has a few greens that could work for you. I love Jasmine, but it may be too busy for you.... The others are less patterned.

Here is a link that might be useful: Corian colors

• katieob
    12 years ago

Hi,

Just chiming in to say that I got my marble and soapstone (and almost Caesarstone at one point) for two different kitchens from Marble & Granite in Westwood, MA. Great place, great service. Last time I was there they had a big inventory of Caesarstone.

Good luck.
    Katie

• alvmusick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi all -

I just wanted to thank you all again for your help! ayerg73, you found our Rosemary! I called Marble & Granite (katieob, thank you for your feedback) and after confirming they DID have Rosemary in stock, they referred me to a fabricator in Connecticut that services the Tri-State (CT, NY, NJ) Area. Marble and Granite distributes primarily to the New England states, but they seem to have an extensive list of fabricators that service a wider area. The fabricator they referred me to has excellent reviews and they have been absolute professionals. The Rosemary slab has been ordered and is on the way! We are so excited.

Thank you again!

PS - thank you dianalo for the Corian options - great to have on the post in case others are looking into similar colors

• ayerg73
    12 years ago

YAY!! It's nice when I'm able to use my mad googling skills for good instead of evil. ;)

Can't wait to see the finished product!

• angie_diy
    12 years ago

And I can see why you like it so! Yum.

• clarygrace
    12 years ago

Great thread with really happy ending! Lov it! GW at its' best! Kudos to ayerg73!

Can't wait to see the countertop, the sample looks great!

Cheers!

• sr4mom
    11 years ago

Hi,
    Is your countertop honed or polished? That is exactly what I want and we are at that point in the kitchen remodel and I am being told that Rosemary is discontinued. They have 2 pieces of honed but not polished. So Just wondering what you have?