Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If cabinets are a color, what about pantry door, etc?

Posted by crl_ (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 21:33

If you paint cabinets a color (yellow, blue, etc), what do you do with the pantry door? Does it stay white if the trim is white? Anyone have pictures? I have been looking on Houzz and haven't come up with many painted cabinet pictures that show a pantry door or kitchen door, etc.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If cabinets are a color, what about pantry door, etc?

If it looks more like the doors in your home or an entrance to somewhere rather than a cabinet I think keeping it the same color of your doors and trim would be best. However it helps to see the space. Have any pictures to share?

o

I painted my pantry door and trim the same white as my cabs. But...I painted my whole house full of new interior doors and all new interior trim so maybe that doesn't count.

Somewhere, probably Houzz, I saw a pretty kitchen with painted cabs and painted pantry door trim with a wood door. It struck me because I would have thought it wrong before I saw it. It looked pleasing.

o

I too think if it looks like an interior door, same as the other interior doors (white? or contrasting?) but if it looks like a cabinet, same as the cabinets.

I googled "painted pantry door" and there certainly are a lot of pretty examples out there! Here is one with painted cabinets:

o

Sorry, no pictures at the moment. This is a tiny pantry so the door is too narrow to be a regular door. But when I try to picture it painted a color with the white trim, that seems awkward. Thanks for the yellow pantry door picture!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here