Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ootm_mom

Can't wait for a reveal...

OOTM_Mom
10 years ago

My counters just got installed today, and I'm in love with my fantasy brown leathered countertops! Here is a picture of my not finished kitchen! Still lots left to do (under over counter lighting, another pendant, hardware, BS, vent hood caninet, recess fridge into wall), but I havent had counter since Oct 3rd. (Except raw plywood) maybe I will finally get some sleep tonight and the nightmares will stop, prally TMI but I have been having awful nightmares lately, which I attribute to the stress of this kitchen remodel. Plumber comes tomorrow, I just stuck faucet in the prep sink hole for effect. I can so see my Lacanche in the space where the GE is now! Please let me sleep easy tonight!

Comments (30)

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My favorite section of counter...

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My island...

• Lisa
    10 years ago

WOW!! What a gorgeous kitchen! That counter is to die for! Can't wait to see the final reveal.

• xc60
    10 years ago

Stunning, I can see why you are so excited!

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Stunning, thanks for the sneak peek!

• wags848
    10 years ago

Lovely!!! Sweet dreams tonight!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

That stone is breathtaking! Beautiful kitchen so far!

• olympia776
    10 years ago

Oooh, that is so pretty! Congrats :) Hope you get some good rest!

• farmhousemom
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!!!!

• deedles
    10 years ago

It looks beautiful! I've on day 3 with 'some' plywood for a counter... I'm sure it would get old but right now it's nice not to have to try to work off a fold down camping table, lol.

Your counters are really impressive and the cabs look great! Sleep tight!

• homebuyer23
    10 years ago

OMG seriously gorgeous...congrats!

After shopping for countertops for months, I realized I wasn't much of a granite person...but at every stone yard, Fantasy brown stopped me dead in my tracks. I love it!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

That granite is beautiful -- the section with the big green areas is just gorgeous.

• Mags438
    10 years ago

Really nice kitchen, gorgeous stone. Is that a patterned ceiling? Can't wait to see reveal.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I normally favor plain, no-movement counters, but I'd have yours in a heartbeat. Also, "Fantasy Brown" does not do them justice. Love your kitchen!!

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

Love it!!! Sweet dreams!

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all! it's 2-30 am and I am awake, so maybe full nights sleep will return after the plumber is done. I have overthought every decision, this is my first ever remodel of anykind, done without a KD (except for the help I've gotten here!) so I have been very nervous about how it would come together. I ditched my original idea to have lighter colored island cabinets because I didnt think I could ever decide on a countertop to match two different base colors.

Mags438, the ceiling does have texture, they still have to match it where I removed a built in pantry, and the repairs around the ceiling lights. Still nervous about lighting, I didnt want recessed lights, will have to see if the under and over cabinet lighting and the pendants is suffucient after they areall in.

I do have one big (to me) mistake, it's not awful it just could have been better, but I'll wait and see how many of you pick it out in the final reveal, you cant really see it in the above pictures. I am hoping some lighting temperature adjustments will make it less obvious to me. My new range isnt due in untl end of May, so final reveal will be a while!

Thanks again!

• andreak100
    10 years ago

ootm_mom - your kitchen is beautiful. And your counters are wonderful. I completely understand the bad dreams during remodel...I've had them too. Looking forward to the final reveal!

• NashvilleBuild42
    10 years ago

Can't wait to see the full reveal

• Stephanie S
    10 years ago

What a great stone!

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

Lovely! It is a stressful process, isn't it? Hope you find a substitute for the blue tape soon (I'm still living with mine ... sigh).

• romy718
    10 years ago

Your countertops & kitchen are beautiful! Looks like all your decisions have been perfect. Island faucet looks cool.

• dcward89
    10 years ago

I am not usually a "granite person" but yours...OMG...it is absolutely stunning. If I would have seen that when I was researching my countertop choices...WOW...love it!

• BirchPoint
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Really beautiful island! We will all be waiting for the final reveal and the Lacanche....

• BEG17
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful. What are the dimensions of the room and could you give details on your cabinets? Thank you.

• schicksal
    10 years ago

Cool blue sparkly thing in the left side of the first picture. What is it?

• bicyclegirl1
    10 years ago

Looking great! The counters are beautiful. Hang in there, you're in the final stretch.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@schicksal, those are led christmas lights, lol! I was trying different over and under cabinet lighting. I ended up with Armacost warm white led tape from HD, over and under the counters, with dimmers.

@beg17 the fridge wall is 188", the sink wall is 146", and the range wall is 187" (the opening to the dining room is 48", the stretch with the range in it is 96").

The cabinets are Waypoint, the same parent company also owns American Woodmark at HD. They are cherry, with a chocolate glaze, which is apparently their "spice" stain with a chocolate glaze. I didnt want red tones. I think the doorstyle is 750.

I am ordering backsplash today, still having issues picking hardware, I ordered it, then found out the 8" pulls have a larger projection than the 5" pulls, so I've got to start over. Range is due in the week of March 31!!!

Thank you for all the kind comments!

• ardcp
    10 years ago

it looks awesome! i saw fantasy brown in person over the weekend and thought it was gorgeous. it looks fantastic with your cabinets which are beautiful too!

• mjocean
    10 years ago

Hi,
    Your kitchen is beautiful, can't wait to see the reveal. That is one gorgeous stone. I looked at Fantasy Brown and none were as beautiful as yours.
    MJ